: Pimp my Tahoe so he can marry my Escalade

DLH
12-14-06, 09:27 AM
Have an 03 z-71 Tahoe that I am thinking about chopping and make Dodge Dakota like with the no top look. :hammer: I figure this woud be a nice addition to the '07 Escalade. Has anyone seen this done. I did a couple of searches and went to the Tahoe forums but nothing. It may be that it's not been done and effects the aero so bad that it becomes a liability.

Thanks

Nasty Black Lac
12-14-06, 01:05 PM
dude...

DLH
12-14-06, 01:51 PM
dude...

what dude?...I'm serious. I want to convert the Tahoe to topless..Is that possible?

BTW..For all you folks asking about '07 Denali versus '07 Escalade-- I just picked up my Escalade from the detailer and he said that he and his shop staff thought the white Denali was the baddest truck on the streets. Now he drives an Escalade but still this is a guy who sees every kind of high end car you can imagine.

Nasty Black Lac
12-14-06, 03:13 PM
what dude?...I'm serious. I want to convert the Tahoe to topless..Is that possible?

Yeah, anything is possible. Take pictures and let us know how it turns out...

hcvone
12-14-06, 03:24 PM
I would take the money you are going to spend on your Z-71 and trade the truck in and get something else, chopping the truck would make it very hard to sell to someone down the road. :)

DLE
12-14-06, 03:30 PM
I agree with hcvone :thumbsup:

Also, if you are chopping the top off, theres more modifications then just chopping it off. Its going to cause major body roll, and you will have to modify that, etc.

DLH
12-14-06, 03:35 PM
I agree with hcvone :thumbsup:

Also, if you are chopping the top off, theres more modifications then just chopping it off. Its going to cause major body roll, and you will have to modify that, etc.

Yes that was my concern as well. There is a Dodge Dakota convertiable in todays paper that I may consider. I wished I had kept the old full size Bronco I once had. With the top off that truck was tricked out..

Thanks Guys,

DLE
12-14-06, 04:12 PM
no problem :thumbsup: :)