: Finally finished the strobes...

TheCaddyKidd
12-13-06, 10:30 PM
ill have to get better pics up but for now i only have this crappy video from my video phone.. i have 1 clear and 1 amber strobe in each headlight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsdqE0ZXdoU

Here is updated video.. still a little slow in capturing the strobe effect but comes in alot better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTyrLewZA48

homeslice
12-14-06, 02:16 AM
And you did this why?

TheCaddyKidd
12-14-06, 02:51 AM
my father owns a towing company and during the winter we do snow removal so sometimes we have to block off streets/parking lots.. also when there is a big accident like an 18 wheeler or multi car accident it helps when rolling onto the scene.. and other little things having to do with his company...

DLE
12-14-06, 09:24 AM
that looks good man :thumbsup:

DLH
12-14-06, 09:37 AM
and some of you wonder why you get pulled over while driving an escalade...hmmmm

Escolade
12-14-06, 09:55 AM
Just wondering if that is your HIDs doing the flashing? If so you might not want to do that.

avcoolin
12-14-06, 12:13 PM
Unique... Looks like it could pass for police lights at night. That's one way to clear the highway if you in a rush, but if you get caught......:tisk:

TheCaddyKidd
12-14-06, 02:48 PM
Escolade - "Just wondering if that is your HIDs doing the flashing? If so you might not want to do that."

no.. the HID's do not flash.. if you look both the clear and amber strobe is in the highbeam area.. there is an amber strobe and a clear strobe tube in each headlight... i will take a better picture but basically i drilled 2 holes to put 2 strobe tubes in...

avcoolin - "Unique... Looks like it could pass for police lights at night. That's one way to clear the highway if you in a rush, but if you get caught......"

well the vehicle is not really used to clear the highway.. just that when trucks flip over on the highway and im trying to get on the scene they help when going down the shoulder.. alot of people just think you are cutting traffic and whatnot and cut you off... and as stated we have to block off roads and parking lots and sometimes i have ot sit there all night so id rather be in my truck with tv's and whatnot lol... i made sure i had amber specifically so people would know that it i was not trying to make a "police vehicle" which is why i have no red and no blue in the front of the truck.. just clear and amber and im not like some of these guys that speed around trying to be some wanna be cop.. if i wanted that i would have been like some of these young guys in my town that are trying to be volunteer firefighters.. lol give them a blue light and watch out.. i saw this one kid that as soon as he got on he had like 200 blue/clear strobes installed.. it was hillarious.. and i dotn even think volunteers are supposed to have that much.. but this kid did it and runs lights and evrething..

DLH - "and some of you wonder why you get pulled over while driving an escalade...hmmmm"

i am sure some guys sit there and speed around with strobes pretending to be cops but as stated that is why i made sure i have amber.. so people know.. around here cops only use clear, red, and blue... i also have a permit for the strobes and the vehicle is listed under a business so even if i wanted to i could seriously damage my fathers business by pretending to be something im not..

Rolex
12-14-06, 04:43 PM
I can't see siht on your video, it's all blurry. I almost had a seizure though. :shocked:

TheCaddyKidd
12-14-06, 04:50 PM
I can't see siht on your video, it's all blurry. I almost had a seizure though. :shocked:

lol.. i know i hate camera phones.... i dont know if it was because it wass strobing or what but it came out with all those black streaks.. im going down to my garage in a few.. im gonan try taking some better videos with my digital camera.. hopefully that will work better...

TheCaddyKidd
12-14-06, 07:30 PM
i updated the first post with a new link to the new video.. comes in alot better compared to the first...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTyrLewZA48

DLE
12-14-06, 07:40 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Synergetic
12-14-06, 07:58 PM
WHattt... is that legal? Those are sick.

TheCaddyKidd
12-14-06, 08:06 PM
well they are legal for me because my father has my truck listed under his business insurance which is a towing/recovry company so it is technically listed as an emergency vehicle... but really the strobes are only used when we go out on a big job or have to do snow removal or block roads/parking lots off... most of the time it is local so the cops know us but if they dont the insurance says the company name and i have all the paperwork.. im even having him make some magnetic decals because sometimes we travel up and down the turnpike and you have to have specific identification on the exterior so he is having it done.. however if you just have strobes and no affiliation with being an emergency vehicle you could get in some serious trouble..if cops really wanna break balls they can nail you for impersonating a police officer..

DLH
12-14-06, 08:11 PM
OK---If you can merge that light show with the "Escalade on ice" video then you might be onto something!

avcoolin
12-14-06, 08:22 PM
That's a pretty neat light show. Put that baby in the middle of a underground party and you'd be a hit for sure!! May blind a few peeps, but you'd be a hit! :)

Escolade
12-15-06, 06:53 PM
CaddyKid,

Just making sure. Lookin out so you don't break anything! 2nd video makes it look better.

Rolex
12-15-06, 08:15 PM
Ok, I'll admit it.....that's cool as siht. :D Please don't go to prison for impersonating a PoPo. :yup:

05 Cadillac Escalade
12-17-06, 02:47 PM
Impersonating a police office could also be a $10,000 fine. But as stated, he has the proper paperwork so he shouldn't get into any trouble. It is a great attraction for car shows, so Synergetic, that might be a good idea for you. You can use them at car shows and stuff, just don't use it on the street. My friend has a bunch of them in his Escalade, that are clear, in the headlights and the tail lights. Looks cool and attracts a lot of people.

Thanks.

dray4life
12-18-06, 10:15 AM
Nice!

TheCaddyKidd
12-19-06, 05:41 AM
thanks for all the comps.. ill try and get some video of the tails but they are pretty simply.. just 2 in the brake lights that go back and fothe.. i might do something amber but not sure..