: 2000 Deville Base Aftermarket radio or Ipod INSTALL

johndoe_57
12-13-06, 08:59 PM
Hello Caddy Peeps I am new to this site but I am very confused about all of the information here, so here are my questions. I have a 2000 Deville Base model and I am looking at these 2 radios JVC KW-AVX706 Double DIN DVD Receiver or a Panasonic CQ-VD6503U In-Dash 2-DIN 6.5" Widescreen Color LCD Monitor/DVD Receiver, so I know I need a Metra –GMOS-06 and a METRA 99-2005 that I will have to fabricate to make the LCD unit fit but is this all I need and question number 2, if I just wanted to go the IPOD way and I must have a direct hook up with the radio and steering wheel controls will I need USA SPEC GM-1999-2003 PA11- GM-45 or NEO CAR AUDIO PODGMCAD10-tv2 thanks in advance and I am sure to have more questions!!!!!

CadillacSTS42005
12-13-06, 09:56 PM
if your replacing the hu then the neo wont work
you lose your factory changer and the wiring to it so youll need a hu that had an audio in so you can hook the ipod to it
youll lose the wheel controls with the new hu less you get another interface as for the wheel controls i like and use pac

johndoe_57
12-14-06, 12:07 AM
(exact parts and names please) So what do I need if I want to go with the IPOD and my Stock HU and I want to have direct wired access and control the IPOD with my Stock radio and steering wheel controls and thank you by the way ETC1997!!!!!!!!!!

CadillacSTS42005
12-14-06, 12:18 AM
ipod2car will have the complete interface for you, best buy carries it just buy the GM version it comes with like 10 plugs you choose the one that matches your changer plug and there you have it
and which wheel interface depends on which hu you get so until you pick which company i cant tell you which one, and keep in mind the HU as well has to be steering wheel control ready for it to work at all....

johndoe_57
12-14-06, 12:23 AM
I will just keep the factory one that came with the car, it is a 2000 Deville base model so I don't think its BOSE but with this said ur saying I can go to Best Buy and get what I need, thanks in advance!

CadillacSTS42005
12-14-06, 12:50 AM
yup
if its bose it will say so right on the hu

johndoe_57
12-14-06, 01:35 AM
For The IPOD2CAR -Deville 2000-2005 Not Compatible - is what the chart says, which harness do I get??

CadillacSTS42005
12-14-06, 01:52 AM
same one as the sevillle...
it should work on the 00-01 deville
i may be wrong try searching this area of the forum see what you get...

johndoe_57
01-06-07, 01:05 PM
Hey yall I need the help of my fellow cadillacians I purchased an ipod2car for GM I have a 2000 deville and I found the cd changer wire behind the glove compartment but I followed all of the instructions and hooked my ipod nano up and everything works but I get distortion Please Help!!!!

drewski
08-10-07, 12:53 PM
I know this is a bit late, but...
I have a 2000 Seville non-Bose stereo and I am using the same adapter an had the distortion problem. I ended up taking the audio - (that is a minus) pin (use a very small screwdrive to unlock it from the connector and move it to a blank one) from the adapter harness. That fixed the distortion problem. However, on quiet passages I can hear the communication between the radio and the adapter and some alternator whine.

Peripheral support wants me to buy another $40 in harnesses to fix the problem :tisk: but I am not convinced that their solution will fix it.
Each harness is $19.95 at discountcarstereo.com
GMH32T
PXHGM1

I will probably spring for the PA11-GM45, unless there are problems with that one too. Guru's... HELP!

The response from the AAMP engineer follows, note that it doesn't cover the distortion issue:

E,

I think that’s the car where the iPod is connected into the factory CD changer cable in the center console. I would make sure if they are connecting there, that they check the OEM CD changer cable. We sometimes have noise issues in Cadillac or Volkswagens when we attach our iPod adaptor to the factory CD changer cable. It’s an easier connection, but it can draw too much power and induce noise on the audio lines.

If this is how it’s connected, you might try this:

GMH32T
General Motors “T” Harness
1995-2002 General Motors “T” Harness for vehicles with 32-pin connector at head unit with no pre-run changer cable or factory port. Allows the interface to be plugged in behind factory radio.

+

PXHGM1
95-02 GM 9 PIN HARNESS
Vehicle Specific Harnesses: Use one of these Harnesses to connect your iPod Interface to your vehicle.

Then we are connecting the PXDP to the PXHGM1 into the GMH32T and removing the Factory CD Changer wiring from the equation. That should hopefully take care of the noise.

drewski
09-12-07, 06:22 PM
Ok, I got tired of hearing alternator whine and class2 communication on my more quiet stuff.

I took the IPOD2CAR apart.
Looking at the top(big connector towards you) find the pin on the connector where the orange wire goes. I should be on the right, top row.
Follow it to the large capacitor, that is where we will find our ground.
Clip the pin and bend it out straight, wrap a piece of small gauge wire around it and solder it up. Flip the board and find the the above mentioned capacitor, you are going to solder to the other side of it...ie... one side goes to the factory pinout= bad the other side is towards the Ipod side of the board = good.
It is a tiny pin, so make sure that you solder cleanly and don't short it. If you do make a short, just clean up your solder joint, it will work fine afterwards.

Switches 5 and 8 are set to on for mine to work.