: 02 Escalade with 03 dash bezel & new system

RichieRich
12-13-06, 07:20 PM
Ok, here's the update. The dash bezel is a bit of a pain in the ass. You have to cut some plastic in the back to lower the heat & AC controls then you have to trim the back of the dash bezel like crazy to get it to fit right. So, I'm not done that part yet, I've been doing this between work & stuff.... Then I have not been liking the underseat box i bought for the subs. It slams hard but I can't fold the seats down right or the midgate so the box is out & I went with free air Kickers Comp C10's 2 of them right through the midgate using the bed for the box... Guess what, It REALLY SLAMS! Sounds great so far but I only fired it up a few times, it's not even done... I know I have been saying pics are comming but I promise I will post them tomorrow (Thursday) no matter what, even if I'm not done.

DLE
12-13-06, 07:49 PM
yeah, hurry up dude! Damn! lol. J/K!

Cant wait to see the pics. :thumbsup:

BTW: Where did you get the 03 dash bezel at?

RichieRich
12-16-06, 03:09 PM
Ok, I'm done & it's in....

RichieRich
12-16-06, 03:19 PM
I used an 03 bezel in an 02 EXT... It took some trimming and sanding on the back of the dash bezel along with some trimming of the inner dash inorder to lower the climate controls... I have an underseat box that i didn't use. It rocks hard but i didn't like the way it didn't allow the rear seats to fold partially down. & it wouldn't let me fold the midgate all the way down. I used Kicker Comps freeairs right throught the midgate. If anyone wannts the box I didn't use, I'll sell it for less than i paid. I paid about $110 with shipping. Make me an offer... If anybody has any questiona about the dash or wants to see certain pics, let me know. I'll post em.

DLE
12-18-06, 10:52 AM
That looks great. Although, it did leave a small gap underneath the heater controls huh?

But I like how the double din looks. :thumbsup:

Where did you get the 03+ dash and how much did it cost?

Sta11ion
12-18-06, 01:38 PM
looks nice

RichieRich
12-18-06, 02:48 PM
That looks great. Although, it did leave a small gap underneath the heater controls huh?

But I like how the double din looks. :thumbsup:

Where did you get the 03+ dash and how much did it cost?

Thanks for the complements guys.... Actually I'll get you a better picture of under the heater controls, I know it looks like a gap but it's not. I'll take a pic when I get hime tonight. I got the dash bezel on Ebay for $75.00... Believe me when I tell you I searched long & hard to find that piece too. They seem to be kinda rare.

Synergetic
12-18-06, 03:32 PM
Two head units? Why?

RichieRich
12-18-06, 04:13 PM
Two head units? Why?

What??? Are you talking about the DVD player where the 6 disc cd changer used to be?

TheCaddyKidd
12-18-06, 04:26 PM
what does the back of the midgate look like?

Synergetic
12-18-06, 05:58 PM
What??? Are you talking about the DVD player where the 6 disc cd changer used to be?

Looks like a double din (in the bezel) and a flip out (in the console), both head units??

TheCaddyKidd
12-18-06, 07:04 PM
the flip out is just to play/watch movies on.. not to use as radio... he replaced the headunit so the stock changer wouldnt work anymore anyway so why not throw a dvd player/monitor there.. looks sick.. i did the same.;.

RichieRich
12-18-06, 08:49 PM
Here's a few more pics....

TheCaddyKidd
12-18-06, 09:45 PM
how does that setup actually sound being there is no box on the back of the midgate? now that i see that i am thinking about using the 3 10's i have.. i have 3 10inch round solo barics sitting around with no use to them and i know they handle a good 350 watts a piece but i know in the reccomendations it says they need a sealed box.. how many watts you running and what the sound on those?

RichieRich
12-18-06, 10:13 PM
The system is slammin'.... I'm running 1 amp, an ADS Power Plate 15.2... I've had it forever & it's by far one of the cleanest most powerful amps ever made IMHO... Anyway, the subs are only gettin 50 watts RMS each so they're actually way under powered. Since they're free air's you can really hear them from a block away since they using the bed as their box. You can use your subs & just attach a box to the midgate. It'll slam.
I have alpine 6.5" separates in the front doors, ADS 5.25" separates in the rear doors, 2 - 10" Kicker Comp C2's, an ADS Power Plate 15.2 amp, a Pioneer Avic D-2 head unit, & a PLYE 6.5" flipout tv with built in DVD player.... I'm happy with it.

AWDTSi
12-20-06, 11:35 AM
the flip out is just to play/watch movies on.. not to use as radio... he replaced the headunit so the stock changer wouldnt work anymore anyway so why not throw a dvd player/monitor there.. looks sick.. i did the same.;.

He should have just put in a dvd player there, just my opinion....

how can you go nice with pioneer d2 and then disgrace an escalade with a " pyle" flip out...

RichieRich
12-20-06, 06:02 PM

how can you go nice with pioneer d2 and then disgrace an escalade with a " pyle" flip out...

And..... Who asked for your opinion?
Just so you know, you'll get a lot more help and respect on this forum if you don't say stupid shit.

TheCaddyKidd
12-20-06, 06:51 PM

well it beats having nothing there and sure as hell just having a dvd player.. he now has another tv in the car.. can i ask what you have done to your escalade? also dont forget.. its just a name.. names done mean much.. my pyle monitor gets the same quality as my friends pioneer... sorry but i would rather have another monitor over just some dvd player..

RichieRich
12-20-06, 07:04 PM
WORD!!! What CaddyKidd said!!!
Funny thing is I have a Range Rover with 2 kenwood tv's & 1 Alpine... One of the Kenwoods went after about 6 months... Kenwood wouldn't replace it nor would the shop I got it.

DLE
12-20-06, 07:16 PM
pyle is crap! Just Kidding! lol

I just got a double din Kenwood DDX 8017 installed on my '02 lade.

My next purchase is going to be a Flipout Pyle monitor to replace the useless 6 disc changer.

My buddy has a Pyle Flipout monitor just like yours Richie, and the quality is AWESOME, even after 3 years of owning it too. :thumbsup:

My two headrest monitors are from ebay which are 7" Farenheits, and they perform as good as the visualogics.

So, dont judge things just because of the name. :thumbsup:

You'll be surprise.

RichieRich
12-20-06, 07:22 PM
LOL @ DLE...

My neighbor has two Pyle tv's in his minivan that he put in for his kids... He has the flipout like mine & 2 in the headrests. They've been in there for almost 2 years & his kids abuse the crap out of everything... so they can't be all bad... Whatever, we're happy, right!

AWDTSi
12-21-06, 09:30 AM
And..... Who asked for your opinion?
Just so you know, you'll get a lot more help and respect on this forum if you don't say stupid shit.

Damn dude.. chill out... people are allowed to express opinions, not like I tore you a new a-hole, just expressing my opinion...

GreenLade
12-21-06, 11:42 PM
So much hostility here! I am getting a 15 inch valor flip down and an X-box installed next week ( it already has a Pioneers Avic screen in the front and DVD player installed ) and in January the whole sound system is going to be done. Focal components all around with kicker subs in the back where the factory one is now, can't wait!!!!!! Your joint looks hot homey!!!!

RichieRich
12-22-06, 12:33 AM
Dude, your ride is gonna be bumpin'... Sounds real nice.

arejaye5000
02-07-12, 08:57 PM
I know this thread is old but I'm about to put in a double din using the 03 bezel in my 02. My question is, what did you use to mount the HU? Any certain mounting kit or just mod up the mounts from the stock radio? Any suggestions before I hop into this project? Thanks!

miniztrux
02-08-12, 03:59 PM
I know this thread is old but I'm about to put in a double din using the 03 bezel in my 02. My question is, what did you use to mount the HU? Any certain mounting kit or just mod up the mounts from the stock radio? Any suggestions before I hop into this project? Thanks!

Hey, I'm in process on this one too in my 02 Escalade SUV. I did not buy the 03 bezel because I some people said it didn't fit, so I was afraid to waste the money. I used the factory radio mounts from the stock radio. I have not cut my 02 bezel yet, but if the 03 one fits perfect I may just buy that one. Could you let me know if the 03 bezel works out for you? Maybe some finished pictures? I'm doing it in between work and a family, so I've had to drive it without a bezel for a week now. LOL
Backup camera comes in sometime this week, so I have to pull the HU out again anyway to hook it up.

arejaye5000
02-08-12, 04:06 PM
Hey, I'm in process on this one too in my 02 Escalade SUV. I did not buy the 03 bezel because I some people said it didn't fit, so I was afraid to waste the money. I used the factory radio mounts from the stock radio. I have not cut my 02 bezel yet, but if the 03 one fits perfect I may just buy that one. Could you let me know if the 03 bezel works out for you? Maybe some finished pictures? I'm doing it in between work and a family, so I've had to drive it without a bezel for a week now. LOL
Backup camera comes in sometime this week, so I have to pull the HU out again anyway to hook it up.

Will do! I'm waiting on my HU to get here. Man I wish this wasn't such a pain! You let me know how the cutting of the 02 goes with sum pics if ya can! If its not to hard I may just sell the 03 bezel and cut the 02 since yes, I'm hearing there's sum trimming to do on the 03 anyways! All this for a dog gone' double din pfffff !!