: Supercharger & Warranty

rlj5
12-13-06, 06:32 PM
For you guys that have been there ,
when you installed the S/C do they void the warranty just on the drive train or can they void it for everything else like electronics, lights , peeling buttons, ect.
I've had the diff replaced & the transmission is being replaced next week so hopefully the big items are done. Been thinkin about a EPP Pro-Charger or Maggie for awhile & the warranty thing is the only thing stopping me. I've done some mods already & I'm having doug install a stage three as soon as the transmission is done, So I figure there are going to be warranty problems starting anyway, So I may pull the trigger with a s/c. I was just curious if I would still have a warranty on the other stuff even if not the drive train?

LV_V
12-13-06, 06:53 PM
It is not possible, legally, for them to deny warranty coverage on items not effected by the S/C (i.e. peeling buttons, electronics, rear sail panels-I can see where they may have an excuse for these, with the extra speed/power haha). 99.9% of dealers will deny any kind of drivetrain warranty with the S/C however. There are those that have gotten lucky, but I would not count on it.

heavymetals
12-13-06, 07:09 PM
If you want a minimum of warranty hassle, don't mod it. :canttalk:

Doesn't seem like modding effects the resale all that much however.

Sounds like your knee deep anyway so why not jump in and enjoy the water?:thumbsup:

Plenty of room in "MOD HELL".:eek:

rlj5
12-13-06, 07:52 PM
OK , if I go ahead with the S/C "after the transmission replacement under warranty " What are the positives & negatives for each of the two options.

1) maggie -which I would install myself & probably stealthv tune

2) Pro-Charger - would be installed by EPP , which fortunately is not far
away from me (I know it will cost more than the maggie)

These are the only options I know of for a S/C

heavymetals
12-13-06, 08:08 PM
Maggie is a complete kit and has a lot of support.

Only a few Pro charger owners post, so no +or- on that.

Whatever happened to the Kenney Bell system?

rlj5
12-18-06, 01:54 PM
Really thought I would get more imput on the pros & cons of these two s/c,
So it's decision time!
Seems the Pro-Charger gives the most power overall & the Magna-Charger appears to make more torque on the low end of the power band.
Since We have this Diff problem (I already left one on the street in pieces ) I think the ProCharger is the one to go with seeing that I already have enough low end hp & torque to dissinigrate the differential, It would seem I need the power from 3000 rpm & up which is where the procharger seems to have it "all the way to redline"
Called EPP this morning to see about getting my V in sometime in the future for the Procharger , Kooks tubes with high flo cats to connect to my corsa exhaust, nice little boost gauge in the ash tray and finally install my UUC with bushings that has been setting here for weeks waiting on the dealership to put my new tranny in under warranty "before I totally void it",
Then it's off to Kars to get my stage III installed that Doug made a really long time ago & hasn't installed because of waiting for the warranty tranny replacment

keeksv
12-18-06, 04:50 PM
Might as well get the bottom end worked while you're at it...safer with more boost that way...

rlj5
12-18-06, 04:58 PM
Bottom End comes later ,
just have to keep the boost down to about 8 psi till the bottoms done

JamesRocco
12-18-06, 06:38 PM
:yeah: I agree

rlj5
12-18-06, 10:28 PM
Good news , Caddy dealership called today & said my new tranny was in after 7 weeks waiting. Looks like a Thursday install which should get my V to Bob at EPP for the ProCharger & Kooks maybe as soon as next week. Says he needs it 4 or 5 days . And Then off to Doug at Kars for the stage III install to finish off the mods for now. "Hoping to see some good #s from the mustang dyno at Exotic Performance Plus"

keeksv
12-19-06, 08:45 AM
Good luck with the car:thumbsup: