: Subs are in but I got a small problem...

vietfob714
12-13-06, 04:00 PM
Finally got the subs in. But when I turn the volume up halfway the subs go in and out. I checked the clipping light on the amp and it doesnt turn on so I dont know what the problem could be. I have 2 15s MBQ hooked up to 1 1000w MBQ Amp (Rockford Power) same amp. The 4th sub is pointing up into the covers on top of the sub box. Its not cancellation because I hooked up 2 and they go in and out. I hooked up the other two and it was the same thing. Can anyone help me out?

vietfob714
12-13-06, 04:02 PM
Forgot to add. I got a yellowtop and amps are hooked up to a 12 farad stinger cap.

STEALTHBOMBER
12-13-06, 06:20 PM
you could try adding a second battery and loose the power cap or your amp might not have enough power for those subs

birvine
12-13-06, 08:16 PM
You would have to describe going in and out. Are they physically moving in and out or is the sound intermittent. I would first try and disconnect the rca plugs and put them back in the amps one at a time and then turn the volume up with just one plug, then 2 etc. How do you have them wired? How many ohms are they reading at the amp (unhooked from the amp)? If you have them wired out of phase then you will notice it when you plug in another rca and the bass decreases rather than increasing.

yourgmsolutions
12-13-06, 08:41 PM
Dude, I think you wired them out of phase.
this is what you do.
1 disconnect them from the amp. take a 9 volt battery or battery out of your cordless drill and connect + side of the battery to the + side of your wire going from the box. do the same thing with - side. speakers will pop out, all 3 at the same time. otherwise you wired them wrong.
tell me more, what kind of amp do you use,is it a mono block or not ? are your subs dual voice coil or single? what's impediamce on the speakers ?

vietfob714
12-13-06, 10:22 PM
Those are Mb Quart 15s. 2 ohm. So I wired 2 of them to one amp. Bridged so it reads 1 ohm @ the amp. Same with the other two subs. Amps are MB Quart RAA1000

vietfob714
12-13-06, 10:23 PM
RAA1000 is 1 ohm stable monoblock

yourgmsolutions
12-13-06, 10:25 PM
tell me, how did you wired the subs inside

RichieRich
12-13-06, 10:30 PM
I think the amps are starving for power. May be your alternator is weak or on the weak side. It's fine to run the truck as it should be run but adding all of that daw I think it needs help... Someone said earlier to add another battery. Can you try that? Even just a temporary set up to see if that's it. I used to have a Sony that did what you describe....

vietfob714
12-13-06, 11:33 PM
I told u... each sub is 2 ohm... i bridged 2 of them = 1 ohm... then to the amp.

Lade_N_Diego
12-14-06, 01:47 AM
I thought subs are suppose to go in and out. :hmm: Need to be more specific about the "in and out" and how you wired the positive and negative leads from your amp to each of your subs. Anyways if your bass isn't getting any louder as you turn the volume up then most likely their out of phase. I also recommend you trouble shooting the phase of the subs as GM GEEK described.

yourgmsolutions
12-14-06, 01:59 AM
I told u... each sub is 2 ohm... i bridged 2 of them = 1 ohm... then to the amp.

do you have stock radio ? if so, how did you wired inputs to your amps from the radio ?

vietfob714
12-14-06, 10:52 AM
I have a clarion indash .

pimp-cadi-danny
12-19-06, 01:12 AM
i had a similar issue,it was a lack of a good enough ground on my system.

Papi_MaC
12-20-06, 06:52 AM
I dont use capacitors they are a waste of money.. just parallel your battery to an optima deep cycle mounted in the back (fuses!!!) and upgrade your alternator to 250amp.. no worries
-Papa MaC
02' Cadillac Escalade 5.3L RWD

ejholt
12-27-06, 11:11 PM
How many amps is the stock alternator in the 07? Also when installing subs on the back wall did you remove the back wall to place the sub box or did you leave it installed? Do they have any aftermarket boxes that fit under seat?

RichieRich
12-27-06, 11:16 PM
what year do u have? I have an underseat box I never used.

ejholt
12-28-06, 12:48 AM
I have an 07 EXT.