: Iforged wheels...

pimpcaddy
12-13-06, 11:35 AM
All,

I am requesting feedback on Iforged wheels. I know of at least a couple of owners that have bought the 5 spoke Iforged wheels. I am leaning towards 19's but want to hear why you choose the size you ended up with. Any other specifics would be appreciated. Size of wheels. Size of tires. And lastly, what finish and color?

Thanks,

Dave

pimpcaddy
12-13-06, 05:55 PM
Okay, how about anyone that bought 19"s from another manufacturer? And yes, I know Velose bought the CCW's.

LV_V
12-13-06, 06:04 PM
HRE or Kinesis are the shiznit. Check out the Kinesis K19R, really light and look great.

TNT V
12-13-06, 06:05 PM
I have iForged on my Corvette. They are an outstanding wheel and will look great on a V. I plan on getting a set of 19" for mine in time for spring.

VELOSE
12-14-06, 02:11 AM
Only drawback to forged 3 piece wheels is that they have problems during wet weather.

I had the 20" Asanti's on the V and a set of 19" iforged's on the Audi. Both had vibration problems during wet weather.

Here's what happens....

There's some type of ring or bump on the inner part of the wheel/barrel. When water gets trapped in between that ring and the wheel face, it causes the wheel to become unbalanced. Therefore causing a vibration.

If I were to buy 3 piece wheels again, I'd only use them during Spring and Summer. If I wanted a wheel that I can use all year around that was forged, I'd only go 1 piece forged like CCW. However for the price, iforged makes the nicest designs and fitments.

Pimpcaddy, just sharing some personal experiences and knowledge of multipiece wheels. Hope this helps you make a better decision. :yup:

byucelt
12-14-06, 07:45 PM
I have 19 inch race gold i-forged wheels on my Black V. The wheels are great and I decided on 19's because of the look and the tire size after my V was lowered. I think 19's are the only way to go!!

pimpcaddy
12-14-06, 08:24 PM
I have 19 inch race gold i-forged wheels on my Black V. The wheels are great and I decided on 19's because of the look and the tire size after my V was lowered. I think 19's are the only way to go!!

Any chance you can post a picture??? What width wheels did you choose? Michelins, I take it???

Thanks,

Dave

byucelt
12-15-06, 04:50 PM
i will post some pics for you guys. the car looks really good with the bronze and black set up. Actually, the tires are General exclaim UHP's. I know, I know what am i thinking with Generals. Honestly, I have had an M3, Boxster etc. and have always had PS2's, PZero's and Eagle F1 GSD3 and the generals handle just as well in the dry and better in the wet then some of the tires. For the 50% savings the Generals are totally worth it.

Tags63
12-15-06, 10:32 PM
Hey!!

I was thinking of HRE's in 19's. I know someone who's running 245/40/19 9.0" wheel front and then 285/35/19 10.0" on rear. This size only throws your speedo off by 4/10's. So when it reads 60 you're really going 60.4. He's not running into any problems with them rubbing. If I do the 19's I'll probably leave the 8.5 in front & go to 9.5 in the rear. Just to be on the safe side. I'm still a little tossed whether to stay with the stock 18's over the 19's though. I have time to decide since I don't plan on changing them to mid-spring.

Paul:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BLACK_CTSV
12-15-06, 10:38 PM
Hey!!

This size only throws your speedo off by 4/10's. So when it reads 60 you're really going 60.4.

You sure that's right? Seems like it should be a ratio of some kind, rather than adding 4/10's to the actual speed. The diameter of the wheel changes the effective final drive ratio, in a sense...

I may be wrong, though - not the first time :D

Tags63
12-15-06, 11:18 PM
Hey!!

I go by the tire calculator against stock diameter. So if it's wrong they they must be wrong. Though, I've never been steered wrong before with their numbers. Thats not my wheel/tire combo size. Still deciding on what I really want.

Paul

BLACK_CTSV
12-15-06, 11:52 PM
When you getting the H/C and Procharger? Should be a mean ride!

You like the Kooks? I'm asking the wife for a set for Xmas :cheers:

Tags63
12-16-06, 11:07 AM
Hey!!

You're right about the ratio thing. I was just throwing in what the speedo would actually be at 60mph of course everything is relavent. So if we were to go 100 it would definitely be more than 4/10's. I'm putting the car in at Cartek in the spring sometime. I may actually put it in late winter since I don't really drive the car in the snow but the kids keep borrowing my other vehicles for weeks on end. Oh well......who ever said it ends when they become adults??? Ha Ha Ha

Paul

Tags63
12-16-06, 11:10 AM
Woops I forgot.......I love the Kooks!! I've been using them all my adult life since they've been in my area for business for over 40 yrs. They are a real stand up bunch and make a great product!!!!

Paul