Cadillac Owners Forum banner
5K views 40 replies 12 participants last post by  stbtt 
#1 ·
I hate to beat a dead horse but i think if we can get the guys at hp tuner to make the software for the northstar they could make $$ i use the software alot and it is very nice stuff you can change almost everything in the cars computer,and i mean everything it also comes with a very nice dataloger and controls if we let them know that ther is a stong intrest i think that they will make it. this is good software for the price $500 is not much for what you get if we can get the cadillac guys and the bonneville guys with the gxp northstar cars doing the same thing i know that he make it.here is a link check it out there is a forum that might help to let our needs be known if every body will let them know

Click here: HPTuners.com >> GM, Ford, and Dodge Tuning

#2 ·
i looked at there web page and saw that they do have software for the 06-07 n* and started a thread on the forum for 98-04 if we can add to it they might get on it so come on guys this has a good chance for something that we need

#5 ·
Yeah that would be sweet. But i ask, what would we tune?

#6 ·
makes ya wonder if you got rid of the torque management, advanced the timing some, tweeked the fueling profiles and firmed up the shifts if it would make much of a difference on the northstar? I have a Chevy Colorado I used a hp tuner on and it did make a big difference in drive-ability. The truck has such better low end and pulls a lot better when passing on the highway, drives like a different vehicle after the Hp tune, so ya, lets write them emails.

#7 ·
hey
my "chip" with my other mods shot my 0-60 from 6.7 to 5.8
our cars can use some comp modding
ive tried hypertech everybody and no one seems to be interested...
thats how i found my prototype JET chip....
anyways what do i gotta do to show these guys...

MAKE IT I WILL BUY IT I ALREADY SPENT 900 ON A CHIP I WILL PAY TO GET MORE POWER!!!!

where on their site does it say they make it for 4.6 lacs?

#8 · (Edited)
go to shop online , under the pic of the cd and cable go to supported vehicles list then go down to gm gen IV vehicles.if you got that good of a drop in time think of what custom tune can do,we can change cams,have head work done and go with forced induction and not need to go with a stand alone system after all they do support 2 and 3 bar map scaling.i use a lot of differant software to tune cars and this is the best i have got to use so far,i would love to get in to the n* vcm to see how much power can be had. to show these guys there is intrest email and go to the forum,register and post in the thread i started it is under the vcm suite feature requests you will see northstar software

#13 ·
i did it...
but notice how im the only one that has...
im telling you your best bet is to contact them directly and send them a few links to threads here where people have discussed other people making programmers...
hell search for threads started by me youll see a whole bunch
me speedy mark99sts and only a few others have not only wanted performance but have also actively sought out companies and tried to get them to make a programmer...

#15 ·
I'm in the 00 - 05 category. Maybe I have a chance?

#16 ·
i have email them about 03 pcm and they told me not at this time, might be hopefull. just need to show that there is a market for it i have had several ppl ask me at my shop if i could tune these cars before i even had one so guys dont be lazy it only takes a min. to regester and post and they will listen hell 10 days ago they didnt even have anything for the n* and now they do

#17 ·
I tried to find a programmer. I even left a thread out there somewhere. The people I contacted said that they have 06 programs but for the older Northstars, they said that a different company was making the pcms back then and they are harder to work with. I left contact info in my thread so other could e-mail them to spark their interest in makin money.

Heres the link to my thread, in it will be the contact info for the tuners I e-mailed. Anybody else wanna try them out, they didn't respond to my last e-mail, guess they thought I was crazy because I kept askin about a 99 Deville.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum.../90840-possible-northstar-pcm-programmer.html

#18 ·
What about the in between 00 - 05 years?

I tried to find a programmer. I even left a thread out there somewhere. The people I contacted said that they have 06 programs but for the older Northstars, they said that a different company was making the pcms back then and they are harder to work with. I left contact info in my thread so other could e-mail them to spark their interest in makin money.

Heres the link to my thread, in it will be the contact info for the tuners I e-mailed. Anybody else wanna try them out, they didn't respond to my last e-mail, guess they thought I was crazy because I kept askin about a 99 Deville.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum.../90840-possible-northstar-pcm-programmer.html

#19 ·
well i did a search on there forum sight and we are not the only ones that need this and there is intrest on making this hapen on one of the threads they said they are working on it but cant give a date on the ralease of it but that might have been on the 06-07 modles so we need more post on there besides mine and cadillacetc1997 post.i hate to sound bossy but i think this might be the only real chance to get anything like this for our cars. i am just trying to make this happen i have been able to program all of my cars that i have had but this one and its driving me crazy i can tell that there is all kinds of things holding power back on these cars like trq management and power enrichment delay on most gm vehicles power enrichment delay wont send the fuel table in wot untill after 3500 rpm these two things hold alot back i have seen a gain as high as 45 ft-lbs tq at the wheels on my dyno just taking those two thing out before playing with fuel and spark tables so come on guys do your part on making this hapen put up some post on there forum at least they will tell us if they are going to make it or not

#24 ·
So what are we doing. Am I supposed to be posting a request for software somewhere? What's the deal here?

#26 · (Edited)
well they replyed and this is what he asked

can you give us a pcm breakdown of what computers you want supported? They can vary tremendosly from application to appliication, year to year & car to car. A link or info outright would be great. Obviously only 96+ OBD2 pcms

i told them sts ,sls and deville if someone knows or wants anything else you might want to tell them

pcm breakdown if you have or can get them...for instance 96-97 fbodies have 1 pcm, 98 only fbodies have another pcm, 99-02 fbodies have a different pcm, so 3 different pcm's in a 6 year span is alot of work. I would assume caddy's are similar in that they don't all have the same pcm from 96-04

if anybody knows the answer can you post it there or post it here and i will get it to them

#27 ·
Well also know that the DeVille and the DTS probably have different programs even for the same year. I don't know if that matters to them or now.

So really we want all flavor Sevilles, Eldos and DeVilles from 96 to present covered. Right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.