: Tire Pressure Monitor

stlgasman
12-13-06, 11:13 AM
Reading some of the tire posts leaves me a little confused about the TPMS.
If you move the RF to the RR and don't do anything will the RF on the display still correctly read the RR position or does something have to be done?

When putting new tires on with the wheels in the same position does anything have to be done?

vdo
12-13-06, 11:37 AM
"If you move the RF to the RR and don't do anything will the RF on the display still correctly read the RR position or does something have to be done?"
Yes. Needs recalibration. See your manual for the procedure.

"When putting new tires on with the wheels in the same position does anything have to be done?"
Nope.

Northern SRX
12-13-06, 04:04 PM
Recalibration is super-easy - takes about 5 minutes tops.

Careful about putting new tires on. 2 months after I put snows on my original set of rims (I have a second set of OEM rims for the other 3 seasons), my display gave me a TPM error. It turns out that one of the monitors was wonky and they tried to pin it on the tire swap. Why? Because I didn't get the tires installed at the dealer. I didn't have to push back much but I had to push back before they covered the cost.

MortnCyn
12-13-06, 04:43 PM
Some info that might help.

wifescaddy
12-16-06, 12:47 PM
reprrgramming them is very easy to do takes about 5minutes or less.i just did mine,i had to replace my right front one friday then reprogrammed it using the remote.

ewill3rd
12-16-06, 08:15 PM
Each sensor has a unique ID number that it transmits to the receiver along with the pressure information. When you "program" the sensors to the vehicle you are teaching the receiver which ID number is in which location on the vehicle. If you move them the sensors still transmit the same data and the receiver just recieves it and displays the information based on the last time the learn procedure identified which sensor was in which location.

Reprogramming is easy, you can do it yourself if someone doesn't do it for you.
Our programming tool can actually receive the ID numbers from the transmitters but it's pretty worthless information really. The car just needs to know which one is where.
It's way better than the old days where they were color coded and had to be installed in a specific location to work right.

Smokin' SRX
12-23-06, 01:09 PM
Each sensor has a unique ID number that it transmits to the receiver along with the pressure information. When you "program" the sensors to the vehicle you are teaching the receiver which ID number is in which location on the vehicle. If you move them the sensors still transmit the same data and the receiver just recieves it and displays the information based on the last time the learn procedure identified which sensor was in which location.

Reprogramming is easy, you can do it yourself if someone doesn't do it for you.
Our programming tool can actually receive the ID numbers from the transmitters but it's pretty worthless information really. The car just needs to know which one is where.
It's way better than the old days where they were color coded and had to be installed in a specific location to work right.

Really appreciate having you on-board with us here! (inside man!!)

I now have 255/55-18 H ALL the WAY AROUND! (that was the OE tire on the rear end, w/ V-8 eng) They work/ride great and now I rotate normally, front to rear only, and don't care if the tire read-out is saying "low front" when it's really the rear tire on same side of car! I can figure it out pretty quick with my tire pressure guage!! Then next time I rotate back again, it's in the correct position once again! Love it!

Tire rotation saves big money on this honey!! (front OE ( 235/65 -18V ) worn fairly bad @ 20K miles, rears could've went 25K)

And I love the Dunlap Sport 5000 Symetricals @ $169 ea. installed!! (Mavis.com or local Mavis stores!) My ride is softer, quieter, and better wet snow traction. So I can't go over 129 MPH !!!! :shhh:

OEM Mich's were $210. each w/o install! Keep your French rubber!!