: Nice touch

Woody_MI
12-13-06, 08:19 AM
I received a call from a gentleman named Rich. Rich is from the Lansing Grand River (LGR) plant (home of our V's) and was calling to personally thank me on behalf of the entire team at LGR plant and wanted to know if there was any questions that I had on the different features that come on the car.

I was totally blown away by this. Apparently, it's a new program that they piloted earlier in the year, and went full time with it shortly after the pilot. Just another great sign that GM (or at least their great employees that build the cars) are really trying to turn things around. I'm not sure if any other manufacture does this as I've only owned GM cars with great success all my life. Hard to pass up GMS pricing, and I feel I would be insulting my dad who retired from GM to buy anything else.

I plan on taking a tour of the plant sometime in the near future. It helps that I live within 10 miles of the plant, but if anyone is interested, I can see about getting a group tour setup. I've been on other plant tours, and recommend that anyone who hasn't been to do so. (probably should start a different thread for a plant tour)

rand49er
12-13-06, 09:42 AM
... and I feel I would be insulting my dad who retired from GM to buy anything else. ...:yeah:

Hey, Woody, I worked in the Admin Bldg (Bldg 70) for 3-1/2 years and haven't been in those plants in 25 years ... I'd love to go, too! Just lemme know. :thumbsup:

Silver Dollar
12-13-06, 02:41 PM
Yeah Woody, I got the same call. Actually my wife took it.

I thought it was a nice touch. I hope they show the same level of personal attention if/when something significant breaks on my car and I need it fixed under warranty.

I hate being cynical, but I read these boards too much. :)

kueh
12-14-06, 12:43 AM
I would love to go check out the plant. Let me know also. I graduated from MSU in '01, so it'll be good to go back on campus to visit what's new.

MescalVto
12-14-06, 12:11 PM
:yeah: me too

commander112
12-14-06, 02:17 PM
:yeah: me too
You graduated in 01 Mark? And I thought it took me a long time to get out of there.

Mark