: Too high mileage for S/C?

kueh
12-13-06, 12:13 AM
I want to get an super charger, but I'm probably won't get it till spring comes around. Probably by that time, I'm going to have more than 30K on my 05 V. Is that too much miles to mount a Maggie? Or would I be fine?

thefly
12-13-06, 08:52 AM
you should be fine. that is when most LSX engines are making the most power. around 60k and up is where i might start getting concerned.

Tags63
12-13-06, 09:18 AM
Hey!!

No, you'll be fine. I've supercharged many cars, anywhere from 2k-50k never had any problems. Some guys start to mess with the pulleys after they get it and raises the boost which will be hazardous to your motor sooner than later and probably sooner. You may also consider the Procharger. I know some guys that track there cars or do 1/4 mile's and if its warm out they don't get the same run since the Maggie is such a heat sink. Just my 2 cents anyways.....

Paul

1MEANV
12-13-06, 03:08 PM
fine

ctsvflorida
12-13-06, 04:48 PM
I sprayed an LS1 from 2k mi till 30k miles and sold it. The car now has 65k mi and runs like a champ but being sprayed much less then I did it. It was a 125hp shot.

This is the real story though. My buddy had a 98k mile LSI and sprayed it until 105k with 125hp shot and then he sold it but it is still running strong and being sprayed! This car was purchased from the original owner and the motor was never touched with no mods when he got it and he did every bolt on, including light flywheel, underdrive pulley, headers and all the reg. bolt ons then the spray and it was fast!

Bottom line: These LS engines are incredible!

kueh
12-14-06, 12:40 AM
Thanks everyone. This puts it to rest. I just don't want to destroy my V by putting a Maggie so late...

JamesRocco
12-18-06, 09:55 AM
Perfectly fine. Mines going on not too much under 30K also.