: Going to look at a 69 ragtop Coupe'

codewize
12-12-06, 10:07 PM
I ran into a guy tonight who has a 69 Coupe' DeVille and basically wants to give it way. He didn't say that but I don't think he's looking for much. He said it need to be restored but he's also a little gay.

I'm going to take a look at is as soon as I get a chance. All I know so far is it has new exhaust, one of the rear brake cylinders is locked up and a seal in the transmission has been replaced. Oh and it's triple white, I think that's what he said.

Is there any intrest in this car? Depending on it's condition I personally don't need another project.

I'll keep you posted with details and pics

Destroyer
12-13-06, 10:31 AM
I ran into a guy tonight who has a 69 Coupe' DeVille and basically wants to give it way. He didn't say that but I don't think he's looking for much. He said it need to be restored but he's also a little gay.

I'm going to take a look at is as soon as I get a chance. All I know so far is it has new exhaust, one of the rear brake cylinders is locked up and a seal in the transmission has been replaced. Oh and it's triple white, I think that's what he said.

Is there any intrest in this car? Depending on it's condition I personally don't need another project.

I'll keep you posted with details and picsWhere is the car?. What state?.

cadillacbart
12-13-06, 11:36 AM
[quote=codewize;899847]....but he's also a little gay.

That's relevant information.

codewize
12-13-06, 04:57 PM
The car is here in NY and the fact that he's gay, or might be gay just tells me that he's probably making out the badness to be worse than it really is.

I'm going to call him tomorrow and try to set something up. I'll take pictures while I'm there. Is there any specific info anyone wants?

When someone tells me a car is in need of restoration I picture it being in pretty rough shape. The way he described the car though didn't sound all that bad. It has 103 k on the original 472 which apparently runs great.

DaveSmed
12-15-06, 07:41 PM
Heck, sounds pretty good. I can't get it for myself at the moment.... but if you have the space, depending on the deal you get I'd drive it for a bit and sell it come spring when the weather is nice and people want classic convertible crusiers.

codewize
12-16-06, 07:07 PM
Well this was depressing to say the least. This car was in much worse condition than described.

From what I can tell the car is mostly complete.

The car seems to run great. I couldn't take it down the road because a wheel cylinder is locked up but the engine sounds great and the trans goes through all the gears

From what I could see of the frame, it seems to be sound with only the normal amount of scaling.

Now for the bad
The body seems to have been cobbed up at one time to get paint on it. The bottom of all the body panels are separating from the car. The doors seem ok, for some reason. The skirts are in pretty good shape but it's way beyond anything I personally want to get into.

If you need a 472 drive-train, this is it. If you're looking to restore a piece of Cadillac history, this is it.

For pics go here
http://webspundesigns.com/uploads/Cadillacs/69coupe/

If there's anything you want a close up on let me know. I have hi-res pics of all this I can crop up for you.

mharker
12-17-06, 12:32 AM
That's one ratty looking car. Nice of you to post the pics.

So... I guess we've learned in this instance there was no correlation between gayness and knowing whether or not something needs to be restored.

codewize
12-17-06, 12:04 PM
I would agree with that. Nice use of the GAY smiley too. I really expected this car to be in much better shape. I at least expected it to be drivable.

That's one ratty looking car. Nice of you to post the pics.

So... I guess we've learned in this instance there was no correlation between gayness and knowing whether or not something needs to be restored.

kmagari
02-02-07, 04:06 PM
Hey Code, where in NY is the car, Im in Staten Island, NY have a 69 also can use parts if parting out... thanks

codewize
02-02-07, 06:16 PM
He's in upstate near Albany. What parts are you looking at, maybe I can tell you if it's worth it or not.

Hey Code, where in NY is the car, Im in Staten Island, NY have a 69 also can use parts if parting out... thanks

Old Fleetwood
02-03-07, 12:05 AM
I'd swear we've seen this car before!
About six months ago! :suspect:
And as far as the guy being slightly or a little gay:
I thought you either are or you aren't.
Kind of like being pregnant. Either you are or your aren't. No in-between!:tisk:

codewize
02-03-07, 12:52 AM
The original post was on 12-12. kmagari just asked today, where the car was located.

I'd swear we've seen this car before!
About six months ago! :suspect:
And as far as the guy being slightly or a little gay:
I thought you either are or you aren't.
Kind of like being pregnant. Either you are or your aren't. No in-between!:tisk: