: Hertz Mustang at Track? Not at VIR!

v-ape
12-12-06, 07:49 PM
Thinking about saving your V from the track and renting a rustang from hertz like I was? Think again, unless you're doing an autocross or something.

Here's a conversation I had with a friend talking about using the Hertz Mustang for the track event at VIR

-------------
T: .. jerry had a student that thought the same thing.
T: with the hertz mustang
T: 2 laps, and all of a sudden it was limited to 60mph
T: and a phone call letting the guy know he has broken the rental agrement
T: gotta love the bigbrother bull$#!+
T: apparenlty hertz is smarter than that.. gps built in - guess they know where tracks are?
A: so they called him and said he couldnt go to a track with their track car?
T: apparently
T: not a track car

urbanski
12-12-06, 07:51 PM
wasnt there just a magazine article recently on how they flogged 3 of these on a track?
well if they lock em down, those are the ones I'd buy when Hertz is done with em

Jon
12-12-06, 07:55 PM
That's why you cover the car in tinfoil first.

CTS-V420
12-12-06, 08:36 PM
The hertz mustangs aren't the GT500... why would you want to track a mustang GT with BS mods over your V
I put a Hertz GT on hold for when I'm back for Christmas break from school...After reading a little more I immidatly canceled the GT bc it only a mustange GT with a kit.
Atleast thats what I read up on.
Is ther Hype that I dont' know of yet?>

1QUICKV
12-12-06, 09:54 PM
but still people don't have to go to the "track" too have fun. i would drift the shit out of it!

thebigjimsho
12-12-06, 10:57 PM
The hertz mustangs aren't the GT500... why would you want to track a mustang GT with BS mods over your V
I put a Hertz GT on hold for when I'm back for Christmas break from school...After reading a little more I immidatly canceled the GT bc it only a mustange GT with a kit.
Atleast thats what I read up on.
Is ther Hype that I dont' know of yet?>It's actually a little bit quicker than the GT. A few performance add ons and an auto with quick gearing and a better F/R weight balance than the GT500, and it's a more enjoyable car to drive fast than the Shelby.

Dennisscars
12-13-06, 12:22 AM
Saw a pair run at Infineon and they were flogging the bejeepers out of them..

(guy at counter...) "Would you like the extra insurance?"

"sure.. why not?"

Woody_MI
12-13-06, 08:01 AM
After being on the waiting list for 2 months, my name finally came up to rent the Hertz Shelby Mustang from the local Hertz agnecy. Spent 30 minutes going over every badge, piece of plastic, engine "swap" wire, and anything else that was unique to the car before finally getting to drive away. Just as my luck goes, I rented the car for my wife (who claims that she's a Mustang fanatic :thepan: ) on what turned out to be a rain turning to snow day. She had no idea the significance of the car :wink:

The car had a great exaust note to it, but I'm positive our V's (stock) would out perform the car on any track, but couldn't get a good read because of the weather. I was dissapointed, but expected that the traction control couldn't be turned off :mad: The touches that Shelby Las Vegas shop added to the car were nice, but badges, looks, and go fast parts only get you so far. It would be a nice addition to a car collection especially if you had an original Hertz Shelby Mustang to go with it. I guess it was worth the $150 plus all of the other rental fees to be able to say that I got to drive one, just wish the weather was better so I could have really gotten on it and to also have taken some pictures of it for the virtual collection.

wooderson
12-13-06, 07:17 PM
Rented one in Charlotte for 3 days last month. Pretty quick. Sucks that traction control was locked on. Car had a sportier feel than my V. Lower with more feedback. They are suppose to sell the Hertz package car to the public. Might be nice if they could keep it under $70,000.