: 04' Escalade, How do I check engines codes

Greer/Dallas
12-12-06, 07:10 PM
I have an 04' Escalade EXT with the 6.0 vortec and the check engine light is on. I want to check the codes but ain't sure how to do it. Any ideas will be appreciated.

wht2000
12-12-06, 07:13 PM
Go out and buy an OBD2 scanner...under $100

Greer/Dallas
12-12-06, 07:34 PM
So these don't use the CC system like on my Eldo huh. I'm gonna guess that since you didn't specify a particular dealer, auto supply house or brand name that they must be pretty common and readily available. Thanks for you help, I'll pick one up this weekend and give it to my wife and tell her, here, fix your own truck, LOL.:canttalk:

DLE
12-12-06, 07:55 PM
All you have to do is go to Autozone, Napa Auto Parts, Baxters, Schucks, or any of your local autopart stores, and they will run the codes for you for FREE!

Look through the yellow pages on Autoparts around your area and call them and ask if they have the OBDII scanner and if they can run the codes for you.

Its easy and fast. They run the codes for you at their store for free, because 90% of the time, the Autopart stores will have the part you need to fix the problem and while you're already there, they expect 'most' people will buy the part.

Greer/Dallas
12-12-06, 08:47 PM
Great thanks bro. we have Autozones and Napa autoparts here real close.

dray4life
12-12-06, 09:45 PM
You can contact onstar if you are a subscriber.
http://www.onstar.com/us_english/jsp/ovd/index.jsp