: Annoying Buzzing sound from the Nav system

ccc
12-12-06, 07:46 PM
Hi, I bought my 07 Escalade last week and i noticed that after about half hour of use or so, the Nav DVD player emits a buzzing noise. If i remove the Nav disk, the buzzing stops. The buzzing continues even after the engine has been turned off. Its quite annoying even though its not too loud. Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this? Should i take it to the dealership?

DLH
12-12-06, 07:55 PM
Mine does the same thing. I noticed it on a long drive South when I pulled off to take a brief nap. At first I thought it was the HVAC as it sounded like a fan. But when I turned off the radio the buzz stopped. I was going to have it looked into Wednesday but I fear it is much like my home DVD system, which also makes a slight buzzing noise

hcvone
12-13-06, 07:30 AM
Neither one of my 07' make any sound from the DVD Nav area, well at least so far.

DLH
12-13-06, 10:23 AM
turn the motor off but leave the keys and dvd on turn radio down, and see what happens. Hopefully nothing but that's when i noticed mine.

EXTadic
12-13-06, 12:23 PM
I have an 04 that does that, it kind of sounds more like a speaker hiss than buzzing

ccc
12-13-06, 01:48 PM
So do you guys suggest that i take it in to the dealership?

DLH
12-13-06, 02:12 PM
So do you guys suggest that i take it in to the dealership?

I'll let you know what I am told Thursday but frankly I do not see how they would be able to eliminate the noise. It appears to me to the sound of the nav disc spinning.

DLH
12-15-06, 07:52 PM
It appears the noise is normal. TSB 06-08-44-034 was sitting on my dash when I picked up the truck. In summary it stated some customers comment an unusual or unwanted noise coming from nav radio described as a fan sound. "Do not replace radio as the described conditions are normal operating characteristics." Caused by map disc spinning behind tilt screen.

On the positive side--The tranny refresh made a difference in shifting and acceleration

Krug Ford
12-15-06, 08:15 PM
I have seen a few in the very beginning make noise I have yet to see any of the currnet ones make noise.

DLH
12-15-06, 09:25 PM
I have seen a few in the very beginning make noise I have yet to see any of the currnet ones make noise.

Hmmmm and UGH!..Mine is 2-3 weeks new and was delivered to the dealer November 1. Again, I do not hear it unless I shut off the motor and it's running during that three minute delayed shutdown of all power. It's not heard at all while driving. Besides how can they hide motor noise? My DVD player at home as well as my computer DVD makes a spinning noise. Is there such a thing as an absolute quiet DVD player?:hmm:

djmodifyd
12-16-06, 06:30 PM
Hmmmm and UGH!..Mine is 2-3 weeks new and was delivered to the dealer November 1. Again, I do not hear it unless I shut off the motor and it's running during that three minute delayed shutdown of all power. It's not heard at all while driving. Besides how can they hide motor noise? My DVD player at home as well as my computer DVD makes a spinning noise. Is there such a thing as an absolute quiet DVD player?:hmm:

one that doesn't work

DLH
12-16-06, 07:09 PM
one that doesn't work

Exactly my point! Thanks:worship: