: CAGS Eliminator's ?

saga273
12-12-06, 05:53 PM
Hello everyone,

I purchased my 2005 CTS-V about 3 weeks ago and am loving her so far. I am in the West Hills, CA area.

I have been bugged by the 1-4 shift problem and want to get rid of it I went to the stealthv.com website but it say's the CAGS Eliminators are out of stock. Anyone know of another place I can get these?

Also, this shifter sucks. I saw that UUC has one. anyone have this and is it a fix for the long shifts.

Thanks fellas,

Sam:thumbsup:

heavymetals
12-12-06, 06:17 PM
If I get up the ambition to crawl under mine and remove it, I will sell you mine cheap.

I have the UUC and it works great. Others have the B&M.

Whatever you replace the stock one with, it's an improvement.:thumbsup:

mike041357
12-12-06, 06:45 PM
Welcome to the forum :) .

There are some pretty good deals on eBay for CAGS, shifters, exhausts, and shocks if you know what you're looking for. Just type "CTS V" into the search tool and then select "Parts and Accessories" on the left.

If you do the shifter, make sure you get the bushings from James at Lindsay Cadillac (also the best deal on a UUC).

Have fun modding........ha...ha....ha.....:thumbsup:

rand49er
12-12-06, 07:12 PM
If heavy doesn't take care of you, re-post again, and I'll sell you mine for the going rate. It's sitting on my tool bench in the garage and is very lonely. I got a tune from Rick and don't need it anymore. :D

Jon
12-12-06, 07:16 PM
If heavy doesn't take care of you, re-post again, and I'll sell you mine for the going rate. It's sitting on my tool bench in the garage and is very lonely. I got a tune from Rick and don't need it anymore. :D
How much do ya want for it?

saga273
12-12-06, 07:51 PM
Welcome to the forum :) .

If you do the shifter, make sure you get the bushings from James at Lindsay Cadillac (also the best deal on a UUC).

Thanks I have already ordered the CAGS Eliminators and the B&M Shifter.

Why do I need an additional bushing and do you have any contact info for it?

Thanks again!

Sam

Lindsay Cadillac
12-12-06, 09:09 PM
Sam,

The bushings that everyone is talking about are the shifter mounting bushings. The factory ones are rubber and they dry out and collapse, the replacement bushings are solid urethane...

You can get the bushings through our parts department. Give Luke Butler a call at (703) 647-8670 or shoot him an e-mail at lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com and he'll take care of you. We are currently out of the bushings but have some on order...

StealthV
12-12-06, 10:07 PM
Too bad the eBay CAGS is cheesy knock-off.

:yup:

saga273
12-13-06, 05:01 PM

Then what's up with yours:hmm:

James Baldwin
12-14-06, 10:45 AM

What is the difference?

JamesRocco
12-18-06, 09:49 AM
:blasted: Stealths is the real deal and doesnt compare to the rest. C'mon we all know that.

rheagrimm
12-18-06, 12:04 PM
:blasted: Stealths is the real deal and doesnt compare to the rest. C'mon we all know that.

StealthV's may be the best but he has been out of stock for quite some time. No product, no sale!!

CadiKing2006
12-20-06, 06:40 AM
i agree. waited so long then just bought it from ebay

CTS-V420
12-20-06, 12:10 PM
i just bought mine on yahoo it was like 20 or 25...got it in the mail...looks good and guna install it sometime when this week..cant wait

austin
01-09-07, 04:40 PM
I have a StealthV cags eliminitor for sale if anyone is interested.

Rockafella
01-24-07, 06:02 PM
I have a StealthV cags eliminitor for sale if anyone is interested.

Still for sale? How much?

iwinagn
02-08-07, 11:43 PM
I am also looking for a cags eliminator if anyone has a stealthv one forsale thanks

Rockafella
02-09-07, 01:56 PM
I am also looking for a cags eliminator if anyone has a stealthv one forsale thanks

I bought mine from Mike in the V classifieds. It works great and was easy to install. Thanks Mike!

heavymetals
02-09-07, 02:02 PM
I will be removing mine out this weekend.

mike041357
02-09-07, 04:34 PM
I bought mine from Mike in the V classifieds. It works great and was easy to install. Thanks Mike!

Yer so welcome! :bouncy:

heavymetals
03-19-07, 04:58 PM
Ok guys!

I have one Stealth CAG's for sale.

$25.00

V's-V
03-19-07, 09:17 PM
Stealth V makes the better cags we all agree, But Rick is busy chasin snow with his "Snow V", LOL. (I'm a poet and I did'nt know it)
Hopfully his site will start rockin again when the snow melts.
Rick, think free flow............:thumbsup:

SoSueMe
03-19-07, 10:00 PM
Just got my CAGS eliminator from Mike on ebay... dying to install it this weekend.. looks real nice, and i have heard real good things about it.. i will post and let you know what i think soon as i get underneath the V and put it in.. Granted i was waiting to see if StealthVs ever became available, and i would still consider buying it if it ever becomes available.. I have heard its the way to go.

Jon
03-19-07, 10:08 PM
Ok guys!

I have one Stealth CAG's for sale.

$25.00
I just PM'ed ya. :)

heavymetals
03-20-07, 12:51 AM
In the mail!

Enjoy!

NIK
03-20-07, 09:17 AM

Same here - my dealer installed it for me (at no charge) when I got my oil changed and was quite impressed with it. Took about 5 minutes to install. He also wanted to know where he could get them for some of his other customers.

Florian
03-20-07, 09:24 AM
I have a CAGS eliminator for sale, the ziptie kind, 25bux shipped (CONUS only)
PM me if interested.

F

Jon
03-20-07, 12:27 PM
In the mail!

Enjoy!
Thanks bud. Can't wait to put it on when I bring the V back out from hibernation. :)

mike041357
03-21-07, 08:50 PM
NIK/Rock,
Thanks for the kind words. I got a hold of your service guy today and got him set up. Thanks! :thumbsup:

em2b96p
03-22-07, 09:37 PM
can someone link me to how cags works? looking to get a ctsv but still need to test drive one.. from what i understand you cannot physically shift into 2nd. when i test drive i have to go 1 then 4??

Jon
03-22-07, 09:46 PM
can someone link me to how cags works? looking to get a ctsv but still need to test drive one.. from what i understand you cannot physically shift into 2nd. when i test drive i have to go 1 then 4??
Depends on speed and how hard you're accelerating. If you're at parking lot speeds, 1 - 2 will be no problem. If you're accelerating hard, 1 - 2 will be no problem. If you're taking off normally, at around 25km/h (I dunno what that is in MPH) it'll make you do 1 - 4 instead of 1 - 2.

Albertan
03-23-07, 12:09 AM
Has anyone used a CAGS eliminator on a 2006 V? According to our local shop, the normal one they sell will not work on the 2006. He told me they have to reprogram the computer.

V-Smooth
03-23-07, 12:15 AM
False, I have it on mine. No reprograming.

ctsvett
03-23-07, 12:55 AM
surprise surpise, this has been asked before...

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/cagsexplain.html

to further answer your question, YES, it does physically block 2nd gear... However, you can go into 3 or 4 or just press on the gas (wait a little longer) and then it will turn off...

or you can spend 20 cents on the resistor and make it go away... better yet, spend a few bucks more and buy the "factory" looking stealthv !CAGS.. if he is not selling them, then you can get them on e-bay or from someone on this forum.

th answer the later question, you can reprogram to get rid of CAGS... that is why some people are selling their !CAGS.... reprogramming is NOT necessary on the 06... a resistor will work.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/cags/

Reed

12race
03-23-07, 08:31 AM
Has anyone used a CAGS eliminator on a 2006 V? According to our local shop, the normal one they sell will not work on the 2006. He told me they have to reprogram the computer.

A reprogram will take it out on the 06' which is the way I plan to go. Taking it to Vengeance Racing in my area. Alls they work on is LS based stuff.

They just did a V about a week ago, heads, cam, headers, clutch and the works. Missed getting back to see it go on the dyno.

Albertan
03-24-07, 05:10 PM
V-smooth
Thanks for the info. I was surprised when the local speed shop said it didn't work on 2006. He said they had installed some and they didn't work so they had to do the reprogram.
I guess I will do my own.
Bruce

bjohnso0
03-24-07, 06:10 PM
Just put mine on ebay. I didn't think about checking to see if someone wanted it first. Ran it for a couple of months before I did an EFI live tune.

Here's the link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120101593429&rd=1&rd=1

SoSueMe
03-24-07, 06:21 PM
I just installed the iCAGS i got from mike on ebay, and it works great! I am very happy with it... just thought i'd share...

GMBOUND
03-28-07, 11:12 PM
How much does this reprogramming cost and is there any shops in the Kansas City area?

Toxic
04-11-07, 03:31 PM
Got mine from Mike also. Very nice piece, plugged right in and worked from the get go. Highly recommend his work!

joshdctsv
04-11-07, 03:42 PM
My steathV is available. PM if interested