: Wire Spoke Not From USA

caddy's home
12-12-06, 01:26 PM
Hey Y'all

I was at the portable car wash the other day and a 96' fleetwood brougham pull in with wire rims on it (80 spokes). They were very sharp. After I inquired about them he offered to sell them to me for $600. He said that they were Dayton's.

OK, I took an photographic look at them, sketched them down and contact Dayton. My finding were that most likely they were not Dayton's. However, they did look good. As you all can tell I am new at this game. So my question is when it comes to spoke rims what are some good names, if they are not USA made?
Better still what are the middle to high end named USA wire wheels?

I own a 89' brougham. With all of that said after cleaning my spokes hub caps they look sharp also.

thanks for your opinions.

cadillacbart
12-12-06, 11:05 PM
Try this website, these may be what you saw.

www.hobbycar.com (http://www.hobbycar.com)

yobee
12-12-06, 11:15 PM
ive personally seen dayton 80 spoked wheels, so they might just be hard to come across or special order since most are 100 spoke, but i know they exist!ha. if youre interested in some spoked wheels though definitely look through lowrider magazine, and some lowrider websites. sure 100 spokes are the most common, but you can definitely find a variety out there. good luck.

509Rider
12-13-06, 03:04 AM
From what I know Dayton makes 72, 88, 100 spoke never heard of 80 spoke, he was probobly bullshitting you like alot of guys with wires, most likely just some cheap china built wheels Dayton and Zenith are the best wire wheels.

caddy's home
12-14-06, 09:42 AM
yeah I have visited this site before in my spoke rim search. The one with the spinners are the one that would fit my 89' Brougham. I was told that they are a tab bit out of date for my caddy. However, they I sharp.

thanks

caddy's home
12-14-06, 09:48 AM
ive personally seen dayton 80 spoked wheels

thanks

caddy's home
12-14-06, 09:49 AM
From what I know Dayton makes 72, 88, 100 spoke never heard of 80 spoke, he was probobly bullshitting you like alot of guys with wires, most likely just some cheap china built wheels Dayton and Zenith are the best wire wheels.
From what I know Dayton makes 72, 88, 100 spoke never heard of 80 spoke

thanks

509Rider
12-14-06, 09:01 PM
ive personally seen dayton 80 spoked wheels

thanksMust be a bolt on wheel, not in a true knockoff wheel.