here is some pix of my babby before and after the jumping guard rail

Ummm, where are they? I can't see 'em.

JRau in central Iowa

pcm
12-12-06, 01:02 PM
Here are the pix I said I would post:

pcm
12-12-06, 01:09 PM
sorry about that didn't work at first. but do you think i could fix her without it costing a arm and leg.

90Brougham350
12-12-06, 02:03 PM
Certainly! The doors and fender can be replaced. The quarter doesn't look horrible, do you have any more pictures of it?

codewize
12-12-06, 02:34 PM
Ouch, that's not pretty. Sorry man

Rick186
12-12-06, 02:41 PM
Somebody once said:

"Laugh and the world laughs with you.
Cry and you cry alone."

That last line should be:

"Cry and other Brougham owners sob and blubber with you.":crying2:

On a more serious note,
>Junkyard doors
>Cut and fit a new sill which you've cut from some other Cad in a boneyard.:sneaky:
>Repaint

The only thing I would consider difficult would be the vinyl on the rear door. Maybe you can salvage the top part of your wrecked door to get that vinyl covering.
Then again, if that door was totally bent, you're s.o.l. with an easy vinyl replacement.

Good luck.

bicentennialcadillac
12-12-06, 02:59 PM
I love the white/white/red cars.

Benzilla
12-12-06, 04:01 PM
That's the color combo I was looking for when I got my '90, that or like JRue's.

Getting back to the original subject, damn man, that sucks. I hope you can bring her back, I know you were trying to restore her before this happened, so I'm sure you won't let her slip away.

BTW the wires look MUCH better than those cheap ass 20s.

Keep 'ya head up :)

caddycruiser
12-12-06, 05:06 PM
Wow, not too pretty. Could be a costly fix, but it all depends on what you decide and if you can get the stuff cheaper/easier and do any of it yourself. Being as old as it is and worn mileage wise, if insurance was involved, it definately would be a write-off. Not to let that stop you, though;)

pcm
12-12-06, 05:44 PM
I found some doors off a 85 fwb. they should work. but I need some clips to hold the molding on the doors. I will be doing most of the work myself except for paint. the only problem will be the dent in the floor. maybe cut it out and weld another piece what do you all think. the doors off the 85 will cost me $75 each. I havn't found a fender though. as far as paint I was thinking of white diamond pearl. it is pretty close to the factory color but in the sun its totaly differant. since it needs paint anyway. but i do want it white on white just with a pearl or something

77CDV
12-12-06, 11:01 PM
Sounds like you're well on your way to fixing the old girl up. Pity about the rocker panel beng bent. That'll be your toughest fix. If you can cut out the bent portion and weld in a replacement, that would be easiest. How on earth did this happen?

Craig

pcm
12-13-06, 12:09 PM
when it snowed a guard rail jumped out and hit me.

caddieboy
12-13-06, 12:43 PM
Man, thank goodness you were in a Cadillac. That thing is a solid brick compared to most other cars, keeping you and yours safe. Hope you manage to fix her up nice and new.