: Stability system going haywire??

BigAndyZV
12-12-06, 11:14 AM
Any time I get above 2nd gear, crusing or on highway my stability system engaged light goes off and on repeatedly, maybe once or twice a minute!!! Not a huge deal but scary cuz sometimes it REALLY kicks in and jerks the car! I already took it in once for this problem, but they obviously failed to fix it, so I guess Im going to have to drop it off and give them some ideas where to look, lol. I did a search and it seems like it may be a faulty "steering sensor" Does this sound accurate and is this the accurate term I should use? Any ideas would be appreciated.

p.s. - I got the spectre spoiler, heat extractor hood, B&B xpipe and headers, no cats:)...installed this week...WOW...love it:thumbsup: I have stock wheels and tires 80% tread) with sensors for 500 bucks if anyone wants em, you pay shipping. Also have the stock hood or exhaust if anyones interested..thanks guys!

Silver Dollar
12-12-06, 11:28 AM
Put up a picture and a sound track if you can.

Krug Ford
12-12-06, 11:36 AM
sometimes I have seen a tire pressure decrease / wheel sensor cause a glitch. If it is under warranty take it in. I had one act up before and it was the front wheel sensors..

The Tony Show
12-12-06, 11:54 AM
Steering position sensor or wheelspeed sensor is the likely culprit. Low pressure or faulty monitor would only disable comp. driving mode, not trigger Stabilitrak.

trukk
12-12-06, 11:55 AM
I had the yaw sensor go bad in my Yukon, causing the stabilitraq to go nuts. Perhaps that's your issue. The symptoms sound about the same.

On a side note, early B&B exhausts with X Pipe caused a resonance that made the system go nuts sometimes too. If this started happening after you installed the B&B, then that meay be the issue. I think the fix was to use rubber isolators or something. Do a search if that's the issue. I also think the newer B&B systems have addressed this issue.

-Chris

BigAndyZV
12-12-06, 02:04 PM
I had the yaw sensor go bad in my Yukon, causing the stabilitraq to go nuts. Perhaps that's your issue. The symptoms sound about the same.

On a side note, early B&B exhausts with X Pipe caused a resonance that made the system go nuts sometimes too. If this started happening after you installed the B&B, then that meay be the issue. I think the fix was to use rubber isolators or something. Do a search if that's the issue. I also think the newer B&B systems have addressed this issue.

-Chris

yeah I have the new B&B with the resonators up front. Andy YES, the issue was before I put on new wheels, and before the exhaust...so I know thats not it. Thanks for your help guys, ill point them towards the sensors and see what they say, appreciate your help

Florian
12-12-06, 02:34 PM
probably not the Steering sensor, youd see it backing out of your driveway or even at standstill just turning the wheel.

F

Sick03L
12-13-06, 06:34 AM
I had the same issue and it was the steering wheel sensor.