Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Clutch is gone!

925 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  JamesRocco 
G
#1 ·
I was driving yesterday and downshifted from 4th to 3rd, except one problem! it would not go into gear and the clutch stayed on the floor. I was able to exit off the freeway and call a tow truck. I have 2500 miles left on warranty but had to remove some aftermarket things first. Hope to have it done today so I can call Cadillac to come and pick it up. The rear was singing like a bird anyway so I guess I'll get it fixed as well. Anyone else have this problem with the clutch? My V is an 04!

#3 ·
Good luck buddy. With what some of your mods are if you end up getting a new rear and clutch, wow. I can't even get a friggin parking brake adjusted correctly after 3 days in the shop and having to send them instructions on how to do it.

#7 ·
I wouldn't hand them the TSB, since it specifically specifies 2005. They'll tell you it doesn't apply, pat you on the toosh and send you home to post a nasty message here.

"My clutch stuck to the floor and I don't feel safe driving the car until it's fixed." will work a whole lot better. If they deny the repair, politely ask to speak to the zone rep because you absolutely don't want to drive the car and put yourself and your family at risk.

#8 ·
Or, you could try this slightly modified approach:

"My clutch stuck to the floor and I don't feel safe driving the car until it's fixed."

If they deny the repair, politely say,

"OK, I fully understand........ but my lawyer said not to drive it until he has a chance to determin what your dealership is worth so he can sue you when my family DIES IN A HORRIBLE FLAMMING DEATH!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.