: Autotaser Car Security System

avcoolin
12-12-06, 02:06 AM
Anyone here familiar with the use of this? Seen them on ebay and was wondering how effective this was as a deterrent. It's a motion sensing alarm system that sounds a 130 dB alarm. It puts out a 5,900 Milliwatt electron pulse when touched.

Jason_
12-12-06, 10:01 PM
Its a lawsuit waiting to happen!

Install one, then wait for a old man who accidently touches your car, and has a heart attack. You get sued!

Or worse yet, if a theif (who has every intention of stealing you vehicle) gets hurt whil stealing your car.... Guess what, your liable!

I have heard of both cases mentioned above happen. Thief got 25k for his injuries due to the fact he cut an artery while stealing a car. Sued the owners and won. His did spend his time in the pen for the breaking an entering, but it paid out. they paid 25k to him, and another 2k to get the blood stains out.

Other case back in the old days customers wanted us to install coils with contacts on the back side of a door handle. One of my fellow shops did so, and yes, someone did drop because they attempted to open the door to the wrong car. No one died or got sued on that one, but they very well could have.

Just some thoughts....

avcoolin
12-12-06, 10:29 PM
Here's a link to one that has already closed on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Auto-Taser-Car-Security-Alarm-Shock-Bar-Autotaser-4-in1_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33720QQihZ014QQitem Z330052903647QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW. I made a call to the local sheriff's station, and the officer who answered said it should be fine as long as it's not a booby trap. Well in this case, it would be in plain site, so I would think if someone broke into my vehicle, he'd get what he deserves! :thumbsup: I think it only works if it's physically touched, so the innocent old man would be safe. :xgrin:

DLH
12-13-06, 12:02 PM
So it actually shocks someone who tries to steal your car but then you get sued?..I like the idea of the theft device but being able to sue.... well THAT is way over the top! There is just no justice for the honest man is there?

DLE
12-13-06, 12:53 PM
that looks tight. I want to see someone get shock by one of those :thumbsup:

avcoolin
12-13-06, 03:53 PM
My girls' brother has one on his Jag. Did a brief demo on it, but couldn't get any takers on touching it. :) Makes a loud noise and voltage sound from the electricity. Definetly get your attention! I've been tempted to give it a test run...:hmm:

yourgmsolutions
12-14-06, 02:11 AM
My girls' brother has one on his Jag. Did a brief demo on it, but couldn't get any takers on touching it. :) Makes a loud noise and voltage sound from the electricity. Definetly get your attention! I've been tempted to give it a test run...:hmm:

my friend had one in his Hummer, he said that think was electrolizing ( don't know how to spell it) the whole car, so sometimes when he gets in, his hair started standing up, and everything inside the car was all static, and was shoking his ass up, everytime he tried to touch something