: Hey... StealthV Torque Master!!

austin
12-11-06, 06:23 PM
hey.. StealthV,

Reguarding BJ's dyno readout posted on your website... Could you please us if BJ's "V" has the stock camshaft or not. I am curious to know what mods were done to get the HP/TRQ up so high. I have not seen a stock cammed "V" to date that can put 383ft-lbs to the ground. :worship:

BJ's w/ StealthPower+
384.4 hp / 383.1 ft-lbs (SAE CF)
+34.3 hp / 32.2 ft-lbs over Factory Tune

http://www.stealthv.com/calibration_dyno.htm

StealthV
12-11-06, 09:38 PM
Only mods to the car at that time were B&B headers & x-pipe exhaust plus FFV intake. The factory tune dyno graph for the same mods is also on the website - 350/350.

Stock the car ran mid to high 13's @ ~103 mph
With the mods it ran 12.9 @ 109

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/video/hdmlnium-burnout.wmv

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/video/hd/hd-129-108.wmv

MSJ
12-11-06, 10:57 PM
I have the same tune, and even the headers off BJ's car..lol my dyno was almost exactly the same. all you can really do is /salute to rick :)

austin
12-12-06, 08:06 AM
"Nobody".... In the LS6 world, including corvette.... Has even come close to getting this kind of torque out of a stock cammed LS6. Just like that rudolph song says... "I guess ther must of have been some magic in that old StealthPower+ tune of yours". At some point.. (after the holidays) I'm going to have to look into getting a 2nd PCM with that tune in it from you. BTW... What is the size of those headers. Anyways... You are the Torque Master!! :worship:

rand49er
12-12-06, 08:52 AM
[quote=austin;898770... I'm going to have to look into getting a 2nd PCM with that tune in it from you. ...[/quote]Hey austin, get that PCM from Rick, too. He'll stand behind it unlike GMPartsDirect ... don't ask me how I know. :banghead:

austin
12-12-06, 09:02 AM
hey.... any worry's about changing to a different PCM.. You, know, like aren't our NAV units VIN locked/encoded to the one i have now. How will a new PCM effect my NAV radio and other PCM dependant equiptment etc.

The Tony Show
12-12-06, 09:30 AM
I'm pretty sure that Rick can put your VIN in a PCM before he mails it. They are reprogrammable, as evidenced by the '05s that showed up with no VIN in the PCM.

svassh
12-12-06, 12:55 PM
Yes you can get your VIN programmed into any PCM. However you may end up with issues with the crank location sensor (not sure of name). This would need to be programmed while connected to the vehicle so you would need an understanding dealer willing to help you out or your own copy of the tuning software.

austin
12-12-06, 03:37 PM
>you would need an understanding dealer willing to help you out

That's the nail in the coffin.... I have argued with just about every local MA dealer. Non will help you out with mods. One wanted to cause trouble with my warranty because i have the specter bushings installed in the cradle. I'm done with all of them.. If my "V" breaks, and it's something that i can fix, i'll do it myself... Reguardless of warranty... Really.. It's that bad in MA., especialy if you didn't buy the car from them. :annoyed: :mad2:

The Tony Show
12-12-06, 03:43 PM
Crankshaft relearn isn't something you need a friendly dealer for. A simple call to service telling them "Hey- my car won't start. Can you send out a Roadside tech?" should get the job done. Tell them you looked on line and it might need the crankshaft position reset, so could the tech please bring that procedure and a TECHII with him.

That's what I'd do in your shoes, anyway.

rand49er
12-12-06, 03:56 PM
... However you may end up with issues with the crank location sensor (not sure of name). ...I thought so, too, when Rick did a tune for me last spring, but he's got that figured out so no problems. :thumbsup: