: Stolen Trucks--Get this! 3 in one night!

DLH
12-11-06, 05:39 PM
Many of you have seen my posts stating my fear of theft of my '07 Lade

Well the other night some two-bit thief rolled through my very nice neighborhood with a flatbed and stole 3 SUV's. In one night he rolled out of here with a Navigator, Tahoe and something else. I am thankful he did not see my truck or I am certain it would be somewhere in Mexico by now. Perhaps he or she reads this thread and knows I sleep by the front window with a baseball bat. :thepan: Unreal...simply UNREAL!

avcoolin
12-11-06, 05:56 PM
That's crazy! Now that's a bold move. Not only to get 1, but to get 3! Hard to believe that nobody heard anything. Good thing yours was safe. That baseball bat comes in handy. Ya never know when you may have to go "Barry Bonds" on somebody!

Rey Rey 650
12-11-06, 06:05 PM
How did you know they were stealing them? 3 trucks?!? You didnt call the copas?

DLH
12-11-06, 06:10 PM
I didn't even hear about it until last night at a holiday party. People woke up the next morning and *POOF*...gone. This in a neighborhood with 220 really nice houses in Northern Virginia. My guess is they got them all ready to load and pulled a "Gone in 60 seconds" move. Just like the movies. Someone a couple of miles away told the cops that they spotted the flatbed with the 3 trucks loaded up. Happened about 3 in the morning. Just a sick sick world and takes a real selfish SOB to take 3 vehicles. Especially, this close to Christmas.

Roswell256
12-11-06, 06:27 PM
You said N. VA... what part? I'm in Northern VA and am a bit worried about my GMC Yukon 'walking' away.

DLH
12-11-06, 06:31 PM
You said N. VA... what part? I'm in Northern VA and am a bit worried about my GMC Yukon 'walking' away.

Reston. I have started taking extra measures like putting on the parking brake and leaving the front light on. I have a house in South Carolina with a garage and I am taking the Escalade down there and bringing my 03 Tahoe up here.

Someone a while back asked what you would do with your lade given unlimited funds....That reply has become simple. A garage!

Roswell256
12-11-06, 06:59 PM
Yeah the Yukon is going in the garage. Let them get the Camry, not that I would want htem to take it, just that at "the best selling car in america" there are so many out there, there is less of a chance of them taking mine.

Besides, some of the neighbors have a Lade, others have harleys etc... so I'm probably lower on the pecking list.

07slade
12-11-06, 08:32 PM
I'm usually up until 3am, well I'm a light sleeper, so if anyone ever tried to take my Truck I would go after thier ass like a fox with rabies, Not that someone would want An Escalade bad enough to open my garage with TWO locks on it and steal it while Me and My husband are Sleeping on the other side of the wall...idiots

nofinga911
12-11-06, 10:28 PM
Reston. I have started taking extra measures like putting on the parking brake and leaving the front light on. I have a house in South Carolina with a garage and I am taking the Escalade down there and bringing my 03 Tahoe up here.

Someone a while back asked what you would do with your lade given unlimited funds....That reply has become simple. A garage!

Haaaa yea I asked that question (which im upset it didn't entertain anyone) but anyway I def. agree with you....a garage would be first on the list!!

nofinga911
12-11-06, 10:34 PM
since we are talking about theft and how these thieves are so ballsy...i might as well share a little story of mine....I had a 2004 limited edition Raptor atv/quad...cost close to $4,000...and I kept it in my yard which is completely lit up and you have to go through several gates first...and mind you I live in a good quiet neighborhood...anyway one night I heard some noises but I didn't pay it no mind I figured it was nothing...I wake up the next morning and the quad was gone...they went in my yard and took this monster of an atv without anyone on the block including me knowing...nobody else heard or saw anything...well the moral of the story is I learned my lesson and got 4 cameras installed around my home and put stadium lights around my driveway and yard! plus I sleep with the cameras on my tv screen and my little but powerfull friend under my pillow :lildevil:

TheCaddyKidd
12-12-06, 02:17 AM
i usually just have my girlfriend block my truck in so if they try to take the truck they have to more hers first and hopefully by the time that happens someone will have heard something.. plus my dad owns a 24 hour towing company that is like 6 houses down so there is always someone around if something happens.. but all in all i am more worried about them taking stuff out of my truck over taking the hwole truck.. i mean i have insurance on the truck but as for the 22's, tv's, etc i have nothing... i guesss worst case is they break in and take what they want and then my dad owns a towing/body shop so he will write up the estimate so i will end up getting everything back anyway.. but the time that was put in is what would hurt... thats why whne i heard all the stories like this i went out and bought the full Viper alarm wit hall the extras, made sure Onstar was Activated, Jimmi Jammers all around the truck, E brake on all the time, wheels turned to one side whenever parked... next step is to buy the viper tracking system or one of the GPS locators so I will have it tracked at all times.. i thought about getting a fuel cutoff swithc but i have remote start so I think its pointless..

EXTadic
12-12-06, 11:06 AM
since we are talking about theft and how these thieves are so ballsy...i might as well share a little story of mine....I had a 2004 limited edition Raptor atv/quad...cost close to $4,000...and I kept it in my yard which is completely lit up and you have to go through several gates first...and mind you I live in a good quiet neighborhood...anyway one night I heard some noises but I didn't pay it no mind I figured it was nothing...I wake up the next morning and the quad was gone...they went in my yard and took this monster of an atv without anyone on the block including me knowing...nobody else heard or saw anything...well the moral of the story is I learned my lesson and got 4 cameras installed around my home and put stadium lights around my driveway and yard! plus I sleep with the cameras on my tv screen and my little but powerfull friend under my pillow :lildevil:
Sorry to hear that your Quad was stolen.At least next time you'll have some really good quality video of the guys walking away with your toys. remember, shoot a thief in your car and you'll probably end up in a cell right next to him. It's not considered self defense to protect property. Unless you live in some parts of texas where it's legal because of a 100 year old law on horse/cattle theft.

XLR8R
12-12-06, 11:21 AM
Cripes, thats some scary crap. I live in a town where that is unheard of, but I am heading to florida again for my winter stay. Should I be worried? My OnStar is active, and my lade is an 05 Platinum, probably not new enough to be a target, right?? :(

EXTadic
12-12-06, 11:32 AM
Cripes, thats some scary crap. I live in a town where that is unheard of, but I am heading to florida again for my winter stay. Should I be worried? My OnStar is active, and my lade is an 05 Platinum, probably not new enough to be a target, right?? :(

"GOT RIMS" ??

XLR8R
12-12-06, 11:52 AM
Just the stock 20's that come on the Platinum.....I take it that is the big target, rims?

EXTadic
12-12-06, 01:20 PM
Primarilly, but not exclusively. Thieves know that escalade owners typically install monitors and sounds. So targeting escalades w/Rims and getting sounds is like a bonus.

DLH
12-12-06, 01:25 PM
I was told by both the dealer and my insurance company that in the case of the Escalade they almost always go after the entire vehicle.

XLR8R
12-12-06, 01:29 PM
great. *sarcasm* ;)

Maybe if I just never wash it.... :D

gpk684
12-12-06, 10:09 PM
Here is what I installed in my 07' - http://guidepointsystems.com/index.shtml - realtime gps tracking works pretty good. They have whats called a GEO fence feature, if the car is moved outside of a predetermined area, without keys in ignition the monitoring service will be alerted and call you....plus you can go online and ping your car in realtime anytime....its cool.

D-man
12-13-06, 09:15 AM
Here is what I installed in my 07' - http://guidepointsystems.com/index.shtml - realtime gps tracking works pretty good. They have whats called a GEO fence feature, if the car is moved outside of a predetermined area, without keys in ignition the monitoring service will be alerted and call you....plus you can go online and ping your car in realtime anytime....its cool.

Hmmmmmmm.:bouncy: Cool idea

As with everything, security wise, I wonder how hard it would be to disable. The reason I ask is that On-star was suppose to be an additonal security and tracking system and all you really have to do is unscrew the On-star antennae (from 02-06 anyway....) and it pretty much disables it. Now I know the GPS antennae is a little harder to find, but put a piece of aluminum foil over the GPS antennae (factory) and it would pretty much disable that too.

Not trying to stir the pot :stirpot: , because I think the concept is great, just wondering how "secure" the system is.

"D-man"

TheCaddyKidd
12-13-06, 10:12 AM
well first off the theif would have to know that you have a different tracking system.. most of these aftermarket gps tracking devices have antennas that are placed under the dash out of the way.. so really if they dont know you have it they will not think to do anything...