: Cloudy headlights-"05 EXT.

jason1214
12-11-06, 11:15 AM
Now the headlights look cloudy as if they are full of cigarette smoke. Any suggestions ? 2005 EXT.

Superior Detailing
12-11-06, 02:16 PM
Most detailers can solve this problem, if the problem lies on the outside of the light. Wetsand with 1000 grit, then rub out with heavy compound and a wool pad. DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

nofinga911
12-11-06, 11:35 PM
it's also possible that they are not sealed good and there is moisture inside...were there any mod's made to the headlights...ex. H.I.D's?

slk230mb
12-11-06, 11:50 PM
A good dealer should replace them under warranty.

RichieRich
12-11-06, 11:56 PM
I agree... dealer will replace them. They just replaced one of mine that had moisture. I didn't even ask them to do it, it was in for a bad 0-2 sensor & they did it...

Blown4fun
12-12-06, 07:36 PM
I have the same problem on my 04 EXT with a smokey haze on the inside of lens. Also if you look at the lights at night you can see what looks like bubbles or crazing to the lens. The dealer said they would replace them one time. I have decided to wait till near the end of factory warranty to change them.

bass10after
12-13-06, 01:09 AM
it probably is oxidation on the outside of the plastic just from the elements. the best stuff i've used to get off any plastic oxidation is called FLITZ and they sell it at ace hardware stores in california maybe other big name stores but i've only seen it consistantly at ace. This stuff is killer for anything plasic. like haze on plexi glass inside the car to haze on gear shift covers, haze on anything really. its just awsome stuff that i use in construction and in general. its awsome what it will do to a hazy headlight. I don't work for the company but if they sold stock i'd invest all i could because this stuff is amazing. it comes in a white bottle with a silvery label and blue writing. it can also be used for metals, and fiberglass so you might find it in those areas of a hardware store. good luck.
chris