: What kind of gains with headers??

nofinga911
12-11-06, 01:52 AM
Is it worth it to buy headers for performance? Is there a noticable difference? What are some good brands or the best?

hcvone
12-11-06, 07:04 AM
It's not worth buying shortie headers, only buy long tubes. Shorties will give you about 5hp, as I said not worth it at all. Long tubes will give you 25 to as much as 50 hp depending on how restrictive the stock manifolds are, and how much your car/truck is modded. For 02' to 06' headers SuperMaxx or The Other Guys Headers are very good, I have seen both is person. I am still waiting for 07' long tube headers to be made by someone soon. Air intake and computer tuning will get the most performance for you if you are adding headers

nofinga911
12-11-06, 05:06 PM
It's not worth buying shortie headers, only buy long tubes. Shorties will give you about 5hp, as I said not worth it at all. Long tubes will give you 25 to as much as 50 hp depending on how restrictive the stock manifolds are, and how much your car/truck is modded. For 02' to 06' headers SuperMaxx or The Other Guys Headers are very good, I have seen both is person. I am still waiting for 07' long tube headers to be made by someone soon. Air intake and computer tuning will get the most performance for you if you are adding headers

ok sounds good thanks a lot...if you find out when they come out with some long tube ones...just post it if ya dont mind or pm me :2thumbs: