: Want to convert to Fuel Injection....

12-10-06, 08:02 PM
Hey everyone,

Got a 76 Fleetwood runs very sweat, but it's a daily driver here in NY with a carburated motor (500ci) and needs to warm up for a long while during the cold months.

Been thinking about converting to fuel injection (will help too since I want to add a remote starter to let her warm up a bit anyway). Are there kits out there?

Is this something that is easy to do - or very difficult? I can do the minor things such as swapping out alternators, radiators, tune ups, maintenace and such. Might be willing to try it myself, or at least buy the kit & pay for someone to do it right......

Are there pitfalls to swaping out?

Please offer any advise.


12-11-06, 11:40 AM
Edelbrock makes conversions for most motors. Pretty sure the 500 is in there. They'd be the best people to ask.