: Door Fenders to protect against door bashers??

DLH
12-10-06, 06:47 PM
Call me anal but I'm the guy who parks in the most distant spot in public lots so as to avoid inconsiderate door bashers. It drives my wife nuts when I do it and drives her more nuts when I go off on someone who bangs my doors.:mad2: She believes it's just a car hence I do not allow her to drive my vehicles. However, there are just certain situations when it is unavoidable to park next to others. Example stadium events. Does anyone know of door protectors that are not just down right ugly and can be painted to match diamond white? "I pity the fool" who is first to ding my '07.:want:

FWIW-I can't ever recall a time when I was not considerate towards another mans car. Especially, in public lots. Just looking for the same and believe I may have to resort to drastic cosmetic measures to insure a clean door line.
Thanks

DLH
12-10-06, 07:09 PM
How about these? http://www.doordefender.com/buyonline.html
Anyone have any experience? Magnets versus suction? I would go with the boat bumpers off my Searay but that's a bit over the top I'm sure. Pluse someone would probably steal the darn bumpers.

Synergetic
12-10-06, 11:59 PM
Do you get door dinged that much?

8ball
12-11-06, 12:02 AM
Lol...I do the same thing...park as far as I can away from everyone else...

hcvone
12-11-06, 08:16 AM
I try not to park where someone can bang my doors, not always easy but I have not had any problems in the last several SUV's.

DLE
12-11-06, 11:04 AM
Just park far away in the lot and you should be fine. I think if you have those on your doors, it will attract some punk ass kids and they'll come by and try and yank that sh*t off. which will cause damage to your paint or something. I dont know. Just my .02

DLH
12-11-06, 11:15 AM
Yah I hear ya and I was not thinking about using them all the time but at certain venues such as a Redskins game man they pack 'em in tight. Also, have friends who live in townhome communities and it never fails that when I visit someone will park right on top of me. And if that were not bad enough I parked at the extreme edge of the Coscto lot last week (seemed like a mile from the front door) and when walking back up on my truck there sitting up against the truck was a freaking shopping cart. High winds that day so I'd like to think there was no human element involved. Although I've had 2 people tell me their trucks were keyed most likely by some Prisio hybrid driving greenhouse weenie.

Guyz1996deville
12-11-06, 12:57 PM
Wow...
I have to do the same thing. I find it is easier to just drop them off so you don't have to have them notice every spot that is too small, while they tell you to park there, on the way to the back to the lot. I know what you are talking about. I work @ Harley-Davidson and there are people that bring bike covers to cover there stock bikes, at the company where they are made- go figure some people are anal but that is why there stuff isn't all jacked up too.

Rey Rey 650
12-11-06, 03:40 PM
How about these? http://www.doordefender.com/buyonline.html
Anyone have any experience? Magnets versus suction? I would go with the boat bumpers off my Searay but that's a bit over the top I'm sure. Pluse someone would probably steal the darn bumpers.

This is a joke right? LOL LOL LOL This would make me want to hit someones door! haha

But on the real, I had my door dinged on my CTS after 200 miles. It was one of those parking spots I couldnt avoid.... I wish people were more considerate, especially when they park next to a nice car!

outofdablue
12-11-06, 03:58 PM
we have a place in the tri-state area that goes around (mobile) and fixes dents. If you do a search on paintless dent removal something should come up in your area. They are real life savers. I have nights where I couldn't sleep because of a door ding and they pull them right out. Depending on the person that does it, most times you will not be able to notice it, but on some there is a slight wiggle in the door panel.

DLH
12-11-06, 04:02 PM
This is a joke right? LOL LOL LOL This would make me want to hit someones door! haha

But on the real, I had my door dinged on my CTS after 200 miles. It was one of those parking spots I couldnt avoid.... I wish people were more considerate, especially when they park next to a nice car!

actually, no I am not kidding. i realized this this weekends game just how many doors were getting knocked around

Rey Rey 650
12-11-06, 04:12 PM
actually, no I am not kidding. i realized this this weekends game just how many doors were getting knocked around

Ohhh Ok...I've just never ran into a car with so much protection....Butr if it helps then its all good.....
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/goonzo/car_door_protectors_group.jpg

djmodifyd
12-11-06, 04:47 PM
Ohhh Ok...I've just never ran into a car with so much protection....Butr if it helps then its all good.....
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/goonzo/car_door_protectors_group.jpg

:eek:

DLH
12-11-06, 04:52 PM
Well I was certainly not thinking about using all of those that you see in that pic but rather ONE white one to protect the door closest to the next guy at the stadium. I'm not wild about that form factor either hence my question to the forum. The dealer said they have some styrofoam blocks that are shipped with the cars that he could provide. About the size of a brick and I suppose slides in the door jam. I am ding free and plan to stay that way. No matter what the look while parked. But then of course there are those like you who will hit mine just because she's protected....or so you said.

BTW...Your ride--Thats tight! Bet she sounds good!

STEALTHBOMBER
12-11-06, 09:55 PM
i dont care how far i have to walk as long as my trucks safe but some *******s still find ways to ding my doors... but the worst is people who are in my car!!!! some girls have such little respect for the ride the second the ding the door you know shes gone

jrs05caddyext
12-11-06, 10:01 PM
The dealer said they have some styrofoam blocks that are shipped with the cars that he could provide. About the size of a brick and I suppose slides in the door jam.

I was just at my local dealership today checking out the 07 EXTs and they had a few with these foam blocks still on the doors.

07slade
12-11-06, 10:07 PM
Those boat bumper looking door defenders make me want to Cry :shreiks of terror: But No I just park next to the nicest cars I can find, My husband was driving To Wal-Mart (As we neared every curb I covered my eyes) And he parked Next to Some Old P.O.S Minivan And I Said that I Had forgotten My credit card In the car So I went out to get It and The minivan owner is there leaning into her car getting something with her BIG ass pushing her door right into The side of my truck, I calmly said "excuse me" and she replied in a very snobby tone (probably Escalade Envy) "well EXCUSE me Ma'm" .....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Never again ...

Rey Rey 650
12-12-06, 01:52 AM
But No I just park next to the nicest cars I can find, ...

Yea, I like parking next to the really nice cars too.....But when they leave, it fair game! :eek:

TheCaddyKidd
12-12-06, 02:47 AM
[QUOTE=STEALTHBOMBER;898309some girls have such little respect for the ride the second the ding the door you know shes gone[/QUOTE]

i know exactly where you are coming from with this one.. i have had chicks get in my car and woud just swing it open.. this one girl came like a centimeter from bashing into one of those poles they put in front of malls and on some sidewalks.. at first i thought it hit but when i got out i saw the door stopped just in time.. i was like get out, good night, dont call me tomorrow.. after that i warned every girl before i took them out that i was anal about my ride.. the thing was that they were all used to the kids with the P.O.S. civics and celicas and whatnot.. so when i rolled up in the CTS (back when i was 17) they would all be like wow thats a nice car but no actual respect when opening doors.. my current girfriend knows the ropes.. she knows how to open doors and whatnot.. this was one of my reasons for wanting the lambo doors.. at least you can only open it so far...

Cadillade
12-12-06, 03:22 AM
Gosh, how many girlfriends did you have to go through until you found one that is Escalade-friendly? :)

TheCaddyKidd
12-12-06, 03:32 AM
well i have had time.. from 17-20 I had the CTS, 20-20 1/2 had a Durango, 20 1/2 - 21 1/2 (currently) i have the Escalade... i found my current girlfriend when I had my CTS... she watched me work on all my vehicles and she knows what they mean to me.. once i found the right one that knew how to treat me and my vehicle i stayed lol... you dont find my girlfriends that dont mind that you spend alot of your free time on your vehicle.. hell how many girlfriends jump in the car to help with the installs.. perfect match..

DLH
12-12-06, 09:12 AM
Those boat bumper looking door defenders make me want to Cry :shreiks of terror: But No I just park next to the nicest cars I can find, My husband was driving To Wal-Mart (As we neared every curb I covered my eyes) And he parked Next to Some Old P.O.S Minivan And I Said that I Had forgotten My credit card In the car So I went out to get It and The minivan owner is there leaning into her car getting something with her BIG ass pushing her door right into The side of my truck, I calmly said "excuse me" and she replied in a very snobby tone (probably Escalade Envy) "well EXCUSE me Ma'm" .....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Never again ...

I'm afraid that I would have lost it right then and there. I'm as nice and understanding as they come but if you have your fat ass up against my truck then there is going to be hell to pay. My worst day was at a McDonalds. Brand new Jaguar parked about as far away from anything as you can imagine. I walk out and there it is...OH NO!!...an old beat up Delta 98. Well the passenger door swings open and WHAM to my drivers side door comes the ding. Out pops a little girl and my instinct took over. I shouted HEY and that's all! Well the mother jumped out and I swear to you she was about ready to whip my ass. But she was fine as a daisy and I sort of crawled back into my world. However, on the way in she she did mutter nobody talks to my daughter that way. Just can't win. I don't care what the damn guards look like I'm getting one. I'll post pics. Caddy kid send your left overs my way. At least the ones that I can door train.

STEALTHBOMBER
12-12-06, 10:36 AM
i put the lambos on my cts-v for that reason thinking i wouldnt have to worry about the doors but some people are like retard and cant figure out how to work them all i ended up with was busted up door jams

yourgmsolutions
12-17-06, 12:25 AM
I founded something. I hope this will help You

http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=2546&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=2546