: Now that it's cold

dqw1
12-09-06, 05:20 PM
Are any of you experiencing suspension squeaks when it's really cold. I didn't have any of this over the summer but it's back again now. Mine is embrassingly loud going over speed bumps at low speeds. Also, if I change over to Hawk brake pads, will that get rid of the break squeal?

mike041357
12-09-06, 06:11 PM
Have you had the TSB bushings installed? If so, they tend to make all kinds of noises, including squeaks.

Hawk pads will not necessarily improve brake squeal. Depends on what is causing it. I used the CRC compound on mine when I installed the Hawks and they squealed. Bedding them propoerly helps. But not having the brake dust on the wheels is priceless.

Jschmank
12-09-06, 06:24 PM
My 05 is all stock and it groans pretty good over speed bumps when the temp is down in the teens. But then, my body makes the same noise when its that cold...

dqw1
12-09-06, 07:22 PM
Have you had the TSB bushings installed? If so, they tend to make all kinds of noises, including squeaks.

Hawk pads will not necessarily improve brake squeal. Depends on what is causing it. I used the CRC compound on mine when I installed the Hawks and they squealed. Bedding them propoerly helps. But not having the brake dust on the wheels is priceless.
I forgot to account for having the bushings installed. Thanks for bringing that up! Points.

G--
12-09-06, 07:43 PM
My 05 is all stock and it groans pretty good over speed bumps when the temp is down in the teens. But then, my body makes the same noise when its that cold...

Same here, I noticed mainly front right, but it seems anytime it's below 32 here mine makes a little noise over speed bumps...

amyer
12-09-06, 07:48 PM
I have the TSB bushings and my car would squeak and groan at low speeds when the temperature was over about 55. The dealer lubricated them with silicone spray and now I have no squeaks.

tweeter81
12-11-06, 10:04 AM
I have noticed some pretty pronounced squeaks coming from my front suspension in the colder temps, but it doesn't bother me too much because I am going to install FG2s in a couple of weeks.

dqw1
12-11-06, 11:53 AM
It's in the 60's today and no squeaks but aggravating when cruising in 1st into the parking lot, the magnaflow rumbling, heads turn to see whats coming by and then, two nice loud squeals over the speed bump.:hide:

HushH
12-11-06, 01:22 PM
That's what you get for ripping through those old back country roads. :devil:

Davidstan
12-11-06, 04:01 PM
Same here, I noticed mainly front right, but it seems anytime it's below 32 here mine makes a little noise over speed bumps...

Ditto, just noticed it when it cooled down here last week.

TagApl4
12-11-06, 04:08 PM
Are any of you experiencing suspension squeaks when it's really cold. I didn't have any of this over the summer but it's back again now. Mine is embrassingly loud going over speed bumps at low speeds. Also, if I change over to Hawk brake pads, will that get rid of the break squeal?

Today when a Valet brought me my car I noticed some squeeks coming from the springs when he pulled up.

Luna.
12-11-06, 04:52 PM
I have noticed the same thing when the car is cold. Once it warms up, there doesn't seem to be any problems, but one speed bump (that's fairly nasty) right when I leave work always seems to make my car groan...

dqw1
12-11-06, 05:26 PM
That's what you get for ripping through those old back country roads. :devil:
I might do some ripping this weekend. WX should be in the 40-50's, no ice patches, damn I can't wait.
Luna, where you been, haven't seen you posting much lately.