: just got my 07 cts-v wow

stivzuno
12-09-06, 12:51 PM
i just tok a delivery of a light platnum 2007 CTS-V with factory chromes! this car is awsome !!
I'm new to the board and any light mods would be welcome! nothing radical just a little faster then the next one,what are the easy and cheap mods to start with ! thanks in advance for any info!!
Does any one know of any cool Caddy screen savers for a pc?? i had a cool one that was caled CodeV on the cts-v but after some pc maintnance i lost it and have no idea how i got it in first place! again thank's for any info..

heavymetals
12-09-06, 01:12 PM
Welcome!

Get a UUC shifter.

May not make you go faster, but sure cleans up the shifter slop.

stivzuno
12-09-06, 01:20 PM
thank you for the welcome ! where do you get the UUC shifter? i agree the stock shifter is a little slopy.

heavymetals
12-09-06, 01:44 PM
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/

The V is a hoot.:cloud9:

By the way, YOUR DOOMED! :lildevil:

austin
12-09-06, 02:05 PM
Break it in nice n slow first..... Then get mod crazy like the rest of us!!! As for a light "mod"... Just put a K&N filter in the stock box. :)

rand49er
12-09-06, 04:08 PM
Welcome stiv ! Do you happen to be in SE Mich? There's a bunch of us around here ... if you're reasonably close, there may be help with that new shifter install. :D

ctsvflorida
12-09-06, 08:01 PM
Welcome to the board and congrats on the new V! I won't even begin on the mods as there are so many! Heavymetals says it best, Welcome to mod Hell. By next month I'll be there...hell!:alchi:

theformer
12-10-06, 12:03 AM
Welcome aboard! The CTS-V is still one of the best cars I have ever had the pleasure to drive and own. Enjoy every moment of it!

Albertan
12-10-06, 12:25 AM
Welcome, I know how you feel, since I'm just driving my new 2006 home. This is an enjoyable forum and you'll fine all sorts of great info.
Bruce

stkshkr
12-10-06, 02:42 AM
B&M shifter is cheaper and better than the UUC, shorter pattern and more positive shifts IMHO, save some money. Welcome.

stivzuno
12-10-06, 10:56 AM
Welcome stiv ! Do you happen to be in SE Mich? There's a bunch of us around here ... if you're reasonably close, there may be help with that new shifter install. :D

Rend , thank you for the reply and thank all of you for your help! and yes i am in SE Michigan ,northern suburbs of Detroit. I will not be doing any thing to this car yet since it's only got couple of hundred miles and with the weather here i think i will start playing with things late winter or so. Any help with light mod's is greatly appritiated though and thank you to every one with any help..............Steve

mike041357
12-10-06, 11:34 AM
Welcome! Check eBay from time to time (just type in "CTS V" and hit search), and then select parts and accessories. You may find good deals on exhaust systems, FG-2 (performance shocks), and the CAGS skip shift eliminator. You just have to watch and compare, but there are some good deals. Enjoy your ride! I've had mine a year and still have a ball every time I drive it.

rand49er
12-10-06, 06:29 PM
... yes i am in SE Michigan ,northern suburbs of Detroit. ...I grew up and lived in Rochester for many years.

Hopefully, we'll all get together again when it gets warm. There's a few new guys around, and we lost at least one that I know of. Just in case you're worried, we try to stay on a first-name-only basis ... the other guys are really weird! (j/k :histeric: )

Reading this doggone forum gives you mod fever ... you have to resist it, but its pull is relentless and succumbing is inevitable. Sounds like some kind of Sci-Fi force ... hmm-m, I think it IS!!! :alien:

heavymetals
12-10-06, 06:33 PM
Join the "Dark side", it ain't that bad. :canttalk: