: Navigation discs: are they all the same?

Foxriverkid
12-09-06, 08:22 AM
What is the difference between a GM navigation disc and a Cadillac navigation disc? What is the difference between versions of Cadillac discs? I've got my nav unit installed and it's now been tech IIed and is working great, however, I have a copy of a v.3 Cadillac disc and it doesn't read. I have a feeling you can't use copies of the disc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob
foxriverkid (at) earthlink (dot) net

honda4x4nut
12-09-06, 10:38 AM
The Escalade Uses a different type of navigation system. It requires you use the GM discs becuase the Gm Version is a Delphi made product. The rest of the Cadillacs use a Denso made Product with a different Disc. Any version of the GM Nav Disc Will Work

Foxriverkid
12-09-06, 11:16 AM
Are you saying that the Escalade uses a Cadillac disc or a GM disc? The original disc for the Escalade says Cadillac on it. The GM discs say GM. Can I use a GM disc in my Escalade?

Thanks

honda4x4nut
12-09-06, 04:31 PM
my 04 and my dads 05 and all the upgrad discs that We have recieved have said nothing about Cadillac on them only GM, but I do know that the 07 Escalade are using a nav disc that says Cadillac on it so maybe that the disc you have but for the 05 Escalade The correct one should say GM

ewill3rd
12-09-06, 05:39 PM
It all depends on the specific nav unit that you have.
Most DVDs will not interchange between models.
You can go to the gmnavdisc website and punch up your vehicle and then punch up a few others to see if you get the same part number.
I never pay attention to the labels to know what to tell you there.