: What box? 15"inch

CTrink
12-08-06, 06:44 PM
Ok so i'm setting out on building an enclosure for my two 15" Lanzar Subs.
http://www.lanzar.com/itempage.asp?MODEL=MAX15D
I need quick opinions on which type of box to build... should i go two seperate showy corner boxes, a bandpass, or ported? and also any comments on predictions of these subs would be nice, running on a 2000 watt amp. and also any type of diagrams on building any of those to just get it right... and also what kind of sealing to use.

954deville
12-14-06, 07:20 PM
Depending on what kind of music you listen to a ported, sealed, and bandpass enclosure all have their benefits. Ported boxes are said to be better for electric bass, or synthetic drums in techno rap and rock. If ported correctly you can use roughly, about 1/2 the power to get the same output compared to a sealed box. Note that ported boxes are NOT as accurate as sealed boxes especially when mounted in a trunk versus an open cabin. Sealed boxes are extremely easy to build and are extremely accurate. They produce a much cleaner and much harder low end bass over ported boxes. Better for real-life drums and sound quality. The air in the sealed box acts as a suspension for the woofer not allowing it to over-flex and send out mid range signals. I prefer sealed, and i think you would be satisfied with a sealed box especially with 2,000 watts[hopefully not rms..] of power going into them. A general enclosure size is 14 inches by 12 inches, this is a basic box but will give you good sound quality, unless you build it correctly you could literally explode your box though, i reccomend 3/4" mdf fiberboard, a thick bead of bathroom caulking, and some fiberglass inside the box. PM me with any questions, hope thsi helps.

954deville
12-14-06, 07:21 PM
forget my enclosure size, that was for a 12" sub, i wouldnt try fittin a 15 in there lol.

the727kid
12-15-06, 01:19 AM
They produce a much cleaner and much harder low end bass over ported boxes. Better for real-life drums and sound quality.

Ported Boxes get MUCH harder low end bass, maybe if you tune a box at 45hz it won't but ported get much lower and get much louder doing it. And for real-life drums, most of the times subs don't pick them up, mid-bass drivers do.

the727kid
12-15-06, 01:20 AM
O ya to anwser your question, ported, one box, single port, tuned to 33.