: Multiple Monitor Adapters

DLE
12-08-06, 02:30 PM
Okay, I've searched and cannot find any info on this.

Anyways, I ordered the Kenwood DDX-8017 for my 2002 Escalade. I know my dash will need some trimming done in order for the double din to fit.

I am having the pros do the installation to put in the unit. I did not get the navi add on yet, but will in the future. As for now, I just want it so I can play DVD's, and probably add on the back up camera for now.

My question is this. I installed two headrest monitors on the driver and passenger seat myself. I want to hook those two headrest monitors to the unit AFTER the pro installer does the trimming, and install the unit.

I was wondering, is it best to have the two headrest monitors plugged directly into the Kenwood Unit?? Or is it better to buy some kind of adapter, so it doesnt interfere with the unit?

What kind of adapter is that and if you can post the link, that'd be great!

TIA

TheCaddyKidd
12-08-06, 03:11 PM
idk about any adapter.. just plug it into the unit's video output... thats all that needs to be changed... all you have to do is rewire the monitors video input to the new Kenwood's video output and your set...

jrs05caddyext
12-08-06, 04:01 PM
Sorry to thread jack but does anyone know what I would need to use a computer monitor in the dash having already a dvd/cd player?

DLE
12-08-06, 04:02 PM
thats it? Cool. I'll give that a try then. I just thought there was some kind of adapter out there that makes it easier.

For ex: If the head unit only have 2 outputs, and I want to install 4 monitors, and a back up cam. How is there enough outputs?

See what I mean?

TheCaddyKidd
12-08-06, 04:04 PM
my bad.. you owuld just have ot find a multiple video ouput... very cheap.. probably 20-30...

DLE
12-08-06, 04:13 PM
Found it.

Here's what i'm talking about :thumbsup:

LUXMA 1 input 7 output with Trimmer Gain Control
Model: LVB-107DC
3 DC 12V output

Features:
DIY easy mounting
1 RCA video input, 1DC12V power input
7 RCA video output, 3DC12V power outputs
Independent adjustable variable level control
Specifications:
Video Input Level: 1.0Vpp
Power Consumption: DC 12V
Output Level: 0.5-1.5Vpp
Output/Input Impedance: 75 Ohm
Dimensions: 4"x3.1"x0.7"

http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Mobile-1-in-7-Out-Output-Video-Amplifier-Splitter_W0QQitemZ120061214768QQihZ002QQcategoryZ4 8605QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem