: newbie needs an answer

piicoanderson
12-08-06, 12:19 PM
I am a new owner of an 06 SRX V-8 with Navigation, Ultraview, MRC, Rear seat entertainment system, etc. Very loaded. 7K miles. Just joined the forum today!

I scanned through the thread "headline" titles, but perhaps I missed an appropriate thread.

My salesperson at the dealership said I DO NOT have All-Wheel Drive, however on the window sticker in the lower left corner under the gasoline pump icon, the first line says 2006 SRX AWD.

Is there a way to determine if I DO or DO NOT have AWD? Many vehicles have some sort of badge on the car identifying AWD. Thanks for your help.

chiefmjk
12-08-06, 02:01 PM
Look under the hood by the bar that goes in front of the radiator. It will have a sticker on it saying you have AWD.

robhersch
12-08-06, 03:15 PM
Easiest and fastest way is to look under the car: AWD has a drive shaft to a front differential; RWD has only one driveshaft that is connected to the rear differential. Also suggest comparing the VIN on the window sticker to that on the car; sounds like someone put the wrong one on your car.
Another is to go to http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web and enter your VIN

donjumpsuit
12-09-06, 08:05 PM
For starters, you have less-legroom, if the passenger side middle console bumps out causing the floormat to not quite sit evenly, then you have AWD. I thought it also tells you on the door jam (driverside) as well (either that or by VIN)

zinner
12-16-06, 11:34 PM
Look under your car, if you have axles on the front wheels and a transfer case you have an AWD.