: Wheel Wax

scottimartini
12-08-06, 01:03 PM
Can someone give me some information on where to obtain Rejexs ? I'm probably spelling it incorrectly, but it's the wax that I have heard many mention that they use on the inner portions of their wheels to keep the brake dust off. Thanks

urbanski
12-08-06, 01:09 PM
it doesnt work....at all....but here ya go
http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

scottimartini
12-08-06, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the info.....I wasn't counting on the big vote of dissapproval.

kgoch
12-08-06, 04:01 PM
I agree it doesn't work. Best thing to do is change to hawk pads so you don't get the dust. Next best thing is to have your wheels powder coated w/ a clear coat, then they clean up very easy.

trukk
12-10-06, 11:12 AM
I'll 3rd the 'It don't work' response.

I actually rejexed two rims, and left the other unwaxed. I then went to a 2 day driving event. When I got home, both sides were just black as hell. When I went to clean them, I couldn't tell a bit of difference between the two sides. Both were a PIA to clean.

-Chris

teros1
12-10-06, 11:35 PM
Hawk pads help the situation, but don't cure it -- at least not for me and my CCW wheels.

Amount of dust is reduced...and color changed (lighter). Maybe the lighter color blends with stock wheels but not my CCW's.

Rejex and other gunk helps little....

Bob

ctsvett
12-14-06, 12:34 AM
quick question to those who say it doesnt work, what checmical did you use to clean your wheels when you cleaned them the first time after waxing them?

Rejex isnt perfect, but it made it WAY WAY easier for ME to clean my wheels and did keep them cleaner longer...

I will agree that the pads will make a bigger difference which is why I have a set waiting to go on when necessary.

Reed

RobertCTS
12-14-06, 08:05 AM
quick question to those who say it doesnt work, what checmical did you use to clean your wheels when you cleaned them the first time after waxing them?

Rejex isnt perfect, but it made it WAY WAY easier for ME to clean my wheels and did keep them cleaner longer...

I will agree that the pads will make a bigger difference which is why I have a set waiting to go on when necessary.

Reed

I've been pleased with the Rejex and ceramic pad combo. Works 4 me. Here's where I get mine.
http://www.e-tackle.com/rejeX.htm
http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/Rejex.jpeg

rand49er
12-14-06, 09:16 AM
I agree, it doesn't work, but just in case I recently did it anyway when I put my Mille Miglias on. (BTW, I am desperately trying to NOT drive it this winter, but the weather has been mild and I can't help it.)

commander112
12-14-06, 09:36 AM
Rejex is great stuff. It won't keep your wheels any cleaner and it won't really make cleaning them any faster because that is not really what it is all about. If you want bugs to clean off really quickly with little effort then this is the stuff for you.
I use it on my airplane and bug guts just wipe off. Told a friend of mine to try it on the deck of his boat. Stains and Fishfly guts just hose right off.
If you have a general aviation airport nearby with a pilot shop I'm pretty sure they will have it.

Mark

trukk
12-14-06, 01:53 PM
I'll 3rd the 'It don't work' response.

I actually rejexed two rims, and left the other unwaxed. I then went to a 2 day driving event. When I got home, both sides were just black as hell. When I went to clean them, I couldn't tell a bit of difference between the two sides. Both were a PIA to clean.

-Chris

Reed

When I did what I described above, I pulled the rim off the car, and scrubbed the hell out of it with Damn Dish soap, and a wheel brush.

-Chris

Flyin-Ryan
12-14-06, 02:14 PM
does anyone do anything to protect the wheel? I mean do you guys put regular wax on them as you would the paint of your car? I have painted wheels so I thought maybe regular wax would work ok.

JamesRocco
12-18-06, 10:52 AM
Hawk Performance is the way to go.