: Reduced Engine Power = The Worst Thing Ever!!!!

Holmes815
12-08-06, 11:57 AM
So last night I was at my girlfriend's; we wound up chillin in the V for longer than expected and killed the battery. I didn't feel like jumpin the car so I wound up pushing it and popping it into 1rst. Well it started right up, but Reduce Power Mode came on and I almost had a heart attack. After coming to our forum (and eventually Cadillac FAQ) I reset the throttle body (must have happened when I was trying to start the car.) The car went into it's normal mode but check engine light was off; thankfully for some reason when I started up today it was gone; I'm not ungrateful but any reason why the code disappeared??? Anyway since this forum has given so much to me in my times of need, I decided to become a SUPPORTING MEMBER!!!! If nothing else, it saved me a tow about 60 miles from my house last night!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!

--James

The Tony Show
12-08-06, 12:03 PM
Glad to hear it. Being a supporting member feels good - as you said, we get a lot of useful stuff from here, so let's help Big King Sal pay for the thing.

Off topic btw, but your iPod kit should be in my hands soon. I'll mail it as soon as I get it.

Holmes815
12-08-06, 12:06 PM
Tony,

I wanted to become a member sooner and I was thinkin Holiday Season blah blah blah, then I was like F-it this place is one of the more resoureful sites on the internet!!! Cool, I'll be lookin for the package!!

--James

heavymetals
12-08-06, 03:30 PM
Like finally paying for pirated cable tv huh?:histeric:

Holmes815
12-08-06, 05:38 PM
Like finally paying for pirated cable tv huh?:histeric:

Something like that, but I would much rather keep the cable money and put it towards the forum!!!

--James

Robby2006
12-08-06, 06:36 PM
You have to pay for cable??? :hmm:

calicadi
12-08-06, 10:56 PM
You have to pay for cable??? :hmm:
:histeric:
This forum also helps hone the skills of the internet's finest comedians.

Albertan
12-09-06, 12:35 AM
I'll bet you had the engine off and the headlights on? Those lights must suck a lot of juice. I killed my battery in my garage when I first got the 2004 and I was programming the DIC. Last week tire shop did the same thing when fixing a tire. Question is this a common occurance or is my battery just weak?
Bruce