: Car Rides Horribly!

akaz87
03-06-04, 01:51 AM
Hello,
This last week hasn't been to great fo my car. It started to ride really rough and have a rough idle. I'm not sure if its running rough because of the idle problem? I bought new Turanza tires, everyone says those are supposed to ride the best. Put them on and it still rides like crap. Its 98 sts with 100k miles. Whats my problem? I cant figur it out or corrilate one problem to another.

growe3
03-06-04, 11:09 AM
Check for error codes to help diagnose the problem.

Check all of your fuses; under the hood and in the trunk.

The fuse for the RSS may have blown.

-George

El Dobro
03-06-04, 12:35 PM
Do you have a bad ride at all speeds or highway speeds?

akaz87
03-06-04, 01:32 PM
Hey Thanks for the fast responce. It rides horrible all the time. The only code I get is U1522. Something about communications? I will check the fueses. I am hoping that is it, but I am afraid it might not be. Thanks for the fast responces. If there is any other suggestions they are much appreciated.

Thanks Brandon

akaz87
03-06-04, 01:52 PM
I cant seem to find a fuse for the RRS, would it be called anything else. I checked all the fuses that seemed like they could be related to the RRS, and nothing. I might have missed a fuse that is for the rrs. Is if one of the little boxes in the fuse box or is it an actual little fuse?

growe3
03-06-04, 02:29 PM
The "U" series code seems to indicate a network problem of some kind.
Below is a link that list OBD II codes (look towards the bottom). I did not see U1522 listed there.
http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2.html (http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2.html)

As for checking the fuses, just pull and check each one, it doesn't take long.
I am not postive on the 98's fuse locations, but think they are:

On the left front fender well under the hood.
The master fuses are located under the large plastic cover,under the hood (where the other fuse block is located).
Left side of trunk.
If you have a multi-meter use it to test for continuity; sometimes your eye can be tricked when just looking at a fuse.

-George

akaz87
03-06-04, 04:17 PM
Its no the fuses, I am thinking it might not even the the ride system. It might have something to do with the engin becuase of the idle is so bad. I dont know what to do. I want to run the piece off the cliff.

growe3
03-06-04, 05:52 PM
Not knowing what you may have done to your car regarding maintenance;

What were you doing just before things went bad that may have started the problem?

Have you pulled the spark plugs yet?

What do they look like?

What are the gaps? On each one of them!

Are there any hissing noises under the hood, with the engine running, that might be vacuum leaks?

-George

akaz87
03-06-04, 07:17 PM
I figured out today why back air shocks are not inflated I think there might be a problem with the compressor. Would this cause the car to ride rough? Do you know where the compressor is on the 98 STS

Not knowing what you may have done to your car regarding maintenance;

What were you doing just before things went bad that may have started the problem?

Have you pulled the spark plugs yet?

What do they look like?

What are the gaps? On each one of them!

Are there any hissing noises under the hood, with the engine running, that might be vacuum leaks?

-George

El Dobro
03-06-04, 07:28 PM
The compressor is underneath the car, in the right hand rear side. There's also a height sensor that has a link attached to one of the rear suspension arms. Make sure it's still connected.

akaz87
03-06-04, 09:57 PM
ok yea, I guess that is working properly. Damn, I was getting excited I found the problem. Well the idle is really shitty and the ride is no good. I dont know if those are any corrolation.

akaz87
03-06-04, 09:58 PM
No hissing, sparkplugs are within 6 months new, spacing is good. I cant figur this car out. It vibrates on the freeway and just drives annoying like on the road. As far as mantiances I have got new plugs, wires, fuel pump, FPR, & I think thats about it. Oil changes of course.