: This new device I found that bypasses the muffler

ctsv400hp
12-08-06, 12:38 AM
Heres the link and tell me what you think about it and if any of you guys have it just let me know

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php

thanks

Albertan
12-08-06, 12:51 AM
It's going to get awfull loud in the car with open headers. In town it will be like a 911 call to all the local cops. At a drag strip people won't mind. If you have a very efficient exhaust system already you would probably see minimal improvements. Just a thought, it could throw sensors off as well.
I must say though, open headers on your car at a drag strip sure gets the adrenalin pumping.
Bruce

Dennisscars
12-08-06, 12:56 AM
Maybe... but it sure would sound cool and the look on bimmer boy's face as they open just as the light turns green and maggie spools up... :jawdrop: priceless....

ctsv400hp
12-08-06, 01:07 AM
yeah it would sound wild but the only bad thing i have heard so far is that they break after a few months and if thats true theres no way i would want to get it. But on the other hand im sure it would ad an extra 20 to 30 hp and be fairly cheap to install and buy which is always a plus.

TXSilverV
12-08-06, 08:49 AM
I have them on mine! Mine open under the spare tire drum so I use it on very cold mornings to heat the nitrous bottles. I know but why spend the money on a heater when I can do this and wake everyone up. I can't feel any extra HP with them open but you will have everyone looking. I love to open them when I see a ricer. Had them on for a year and still work just fine.

nikon
12-08-06, 09:17 AM
Id like to see the comparison on the dyno with one opened and closed...from what I remember the open headers give you better top end...so if you were able to lay the dyno charts on top of each other see the point where it would be best to open the e-cutout you could put the activation part of a shift light in, and activate it at that RPM...kinda like the new Z06...lower rpms it stays closed...and then at the right time it opens and gives you the better higher rpms....I dunno, just a thought.

ctsvflorida
12-08-06, 09:28 AM
yeah it would sound wild but the only bad thing i have heard so far is that they break after a few months and if thats true theres no way i would want to get it. But on the other hand im sure it would ad an extra 20 to 30 hp and be fairly cheap to install and buy which is always a plus.

Whatever they claim to be the H.P. gain you can figure roughly 1/5th of their figure! It is incredible how they are allowed to just manipulate dyno runs somehow and post numbers that are ridiculous! Every company does it and it is sickening. Unless you want that much noise, I would save your money, as you may actually lose H.P. when that thing is opened.

Silver Dollar
12-08-06, 09:41 AM
I think its cool.

90Brougham350
12-08-06, 10:12 AM
From their website:

Dyno Proven Results!
Gains vary from vehicle to vehicle.
30HP gain on a WRX
13HP on a LS1 Trans Am
20HP on a SRT4 Neon
75HP gain on a Turbo Honda
3 Tenths gain at the track for a VW 1.8T Jetta
35HP gain on Ford Lightning Truck
Our Electric Cutout on some fast rides!.
Fastest stock Turbo WRX, Fastest stock turbo EVO and Fastest GEN 3 GM Truck.

75HP on a turbo Honda? Either the Honda had a 1/2" exhaust or they're full of shit. Maybe a little of both.

TurnStyle
12-08-06, 11:01 AM
Good to see they have updated this idea with a small motor to open the valve. I remember the headaches of routing the steel cables on the manual style. Not sure of the gains. I am sure the numbers consider a stock exhaust which most do not have anymore and are best case. I agree that this may also cause issues with the sensors and computer but sure would sound nice.