: Pics of my lights

"GREEN SCALAID"
12-07-06, 09:56 PM
Just wondering what you think, should I go with clear or smoke I have a envy green escalade

cadnathan
12-07-06, 10:32 PM
I really like that smoke, but I would go clear for a green truck. Where did you get or have the smoked 1 done?

nofinga911
12-08-06, 03:29 AM
def. clear

TheCaddyKidd
12-08-06, 03:50 AM
how did u get the lense clear??

jrs05caddyext
12-08-06, 04:40 AM
clear. i havent had a new set of headlights to install the new chrome lense that I got

hcvone
12-08-06, 05:58 AM
Clear

honda4x4nut
12-08-06, 10:13 AM
I too would like to know how or where the clear lens came to be...... thats the only reason i have not cleared my lights is cause taking that piece out makes it look broken to me

vietfob714
12-08-06, 11:02 AM
I want to know also. Is it custom?

jrs05caddyext
12-08-06, 12:35 PM
you might also think about color matching the lense to your vehicle

fast66
12-08-06, 02:33 PM
Its pretty easy to clear your own lenses.

Instructions are on the forums.

I would go with clear.

Synergetic
12-08-06, 03:54 PM
These are the best ones I've seen. I agree with the comments about when they are clear, they look broken.

http://images.andale.com/f2/118/126/16262723/1156292941322_HL_ESCA_0205_BK_KS.jpg

jrs05caddyext
12-08-06, 03:58 PM
It would be great if someone sold that clear reflector above. It would look real nice and save time in having someone chrome plate/paint it for you. If I get a chance I might just open my lights up again and pop the chrome one in.

honda4x4nut
12-08-06, 05:15 PM
I would love to have those black housing lights on my truck but i dont want to get rid of my Factory HIDs and these kits dont work with those, I know i can get aftermarket HIDs to fit but thats just more money for something I allready paid for...

"GREEN SCALAID"
12-08-06, 05:48 PM
:yup: :yup: well i guess every one hands down thinks i should go with clear. i was going to buy them black ones off of ebay, but dont think they will look good on a green, as far as color matching the lens to my truck, i think i will get alot of tickets. if my truck was black, then i would go with the smoke lens.

honda4x4nut
12-08-06, 09:10 PM
where did you get the clear piece from, That seems to be a recurring question...

"GREEN SCALAID"
12-09-06, 10:03 AM
where did you get the clear piece from, That seems to be a recurring question...

well i got very lucky, one of my friends had a set of clear reflectors, dont know what they went to, and i just cut them to the exact shape i needed.

nofinga911
12-09-06, 07:26 PM
Its pretty easy to clear your own lenses.

Instructions are on the forums.

I would go with clear.

can someone list a site where i can find how to remove the orange side-markers from the headlights of my 07' ...and would you recommend doing it? i hateee the orange...i saw a pic of one without them and its beautiful the way the leds shine white instead of orange!!

yourgmsolutions
12-09-06, 08:08 PM
:yup: :yup: well i guess every one hands down thinks i should go with clear. i was going to buy them black ones off of ebay, but dont think they will look good on a green, as far as color matching the lens to my truck, i think i will get alot of tickets. if my truck was black, then i would go with the smoke lens.

You can actually color match them without breaking the law.
it's the same procces as tinting the tail lights. but you need to find a painter who knows how to do it. basicaly, they need to mix paint color of your vehicle, then they have to thin the paint., then clear coat it, blah blah blah, and you'll never get the ticket,

"GREEN SCALAID"
12-09-06, 11:57 PM
You can actually color match them without breaking the law.
it's the same procces as tinting the tail lights. but you need to find a painter who knows how to do it. basicaly, they need to mix paint color of your vehicle, then they have to thin the paint., then clear coat it, blah blah blah, and you'll never get the ticket,

but when the light is on it will look greenish, and you can't have any other color than amber(yellow) or white, i know this because i had an old custom car that i fixed up and put red signals and got the ticket.

yourgmsolutions
12-10-06, 12:11 AM
that sucks, but I stil think if you thin paint enough and put amber light bolb , so it will light up through green, I don't think cap will give you a ticket for that, well, unless he is a jack ass

"GREEN SCALAID"
12-10-06, 12:55 AM
that sucks, but I stil think if you thin paint enough and put amber light bolb , so it will light up through green, I don't think cap will give you a ticket for that, well, unless he is a jack ass

i am just going to go ahead with the clear lens, sealing them back up tonight, will post pics when they dry up!

"GREEN SCALAID"
12-10-06, 12:58 AM
I really like that smoke, but I would go clear for a green truck. Where did you get or have the smoked 1 done?

as for the ? on how did i smoke the orange lens, i tinted the lens with window tint, but i'm not going to use them after all.

srt
02-08-07, 12:07 AM
Here's some pics of mine that I had done. I'm not too much of a fan of the marker, but to each is own! Anyone having questions on how to do their own to clear just pm me.

cadymon
02-08-07, 02:07 AM
you guys think we might be able to remove the amber part on the 07 headlights.

aburzen
02-08-07, 09:28 AM
Where there is a will, there is a way.

jrs05caddyext
02-08-07, 11:35 AM
you guys think we might be able to remove the amber part on the 07 headlights.
I have seen it done on one set so far. I have been trying to win a set on eBay to clear them out. I plan to get the 07 EXT and thatís the 1st thing Iíll do.