: wrecked my 90 brougham

pcm
12-07-06, 08:48 PM
Well here is the deal. It sleeted and snowed on Wed. night and we drove form Okmulgee to Tulsa during the worst of the storm. Made it just fine about 70 miles round trip, Fri. went to Weleetka around the same miles the roads were partially cleared so I was driving around 60 mph. Had to pass people driving around 40 mph, so I had to pass in the slush. Passed about 10 cars then when I tried to get over the back wheels stayed in the grooves that other cars made. So I spun out ( I don't know how many *) and the Damned guard rale jumped out and hit me :( !!! The worst part was the wife (she says it was awesome) and kids was with me but nobody got hurt excepth for the car. I'll post pix soon when I can find my camera. But I guess this means new paint :).

caddydaddy
12-07-06, 09:13 PM
Sorry to hear that. Glad everyone is ok! How bad is the damage??? Is it just the paint and body panels a little dented?

Destroyer
12-07-06, 10:37 PM
But I guess this means new paint :).Thats the spirit!:highfive:

JRau
12-08-06, 06:11 AM
Sorry to hear of your accident! Glad no one was hurt. Sounds like it could have been worse. I didn't realize Oklahoma got snow... Good luck with the repairs.

JRau in central Iowa

N0DIH
12-08-06, 07:45 AM
Bummer, hopefully all is recoverable. But most importantly, the car kept everyone safe and sound.

I found one of those jumping guard rails in St. Louis in my Trans AM 20 years or so ago. Fortunately I only bent my axle and didn't hurt the body. So it was an easy fix.

caddy's home
12-08-06, 08:29 AM
glad no one was hurt........

I flipped my wife's Saturn 10 years ago on the mountains in VA. The guard rail saved me from going over. I was OK also.

90Brougham350
12-08-06, 08:47 AM
Glad to hear nobody was hurt! Man, another Brougham takes a beating, I'm sorry to hear it, but hopefully she's back to good soon.

RobDeville
12-08-06, 02:15 PM
Kinda makes you glad you were driving a brougham instead of a fiero:bouncy: ......Only worry you will have is if the state charges you to repairs the 40 or so miles of guard rail you took out with the big boi~~....

Seriously though, Glad you are ok and yeah now you will have fresh paint looking better than ever! GOOD LUCK!

Benzilla
12-08-06, 02:23 PM
That's too bad if you had all original paint in good condition. But if you needed paint anyway, good for you lol.

gdreisch
12-08-06, 02:42 PM
Need Radio Control Head For My 91 Brougham,can Anybody Help Me Locate One ? Thanks(new Member)

caddieboy
12-08-06, 02:58 PM
Glad to hear everyone's OK and you just need new paint. This reminds me of something Napoleon once said...

"Go slow, I'm in a hurry."

:golden:

gdreisch
12-08-06, 03:04 PM
Sure glad nobody got hurt. I brought a 91 BROUGHAM in May of this year and man I love this car,I don't even want to think of my CADI being wreck.Good luck with the repairs.

pcm
12-08-06, 06:03 PM
I need to replace the left front and rear doors, fender and pull the post that holds the rear door in place back out (its just twisted). the floor board was bent on the outside of the frame. the frame wasn't bent though.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-08-06, 10:03 PM
That doesn't sound too bad. I'm glad to hear that the car did it's primary job of keeping your family from harm. It's never good to hear of a Brougham getting damaged, but I'm glad to hear it wasn't bad and everyone was well.

codewize
12-08-06, 11:34 PM
That's to bad. I've done that before, not in a Cadi though. Slush is nothing to mess with, it's heavy and pushes the car around. I don't even try to pass when the roads are like that.

As long is everyone is ok and the car can be painted.

I'm a better safe than sorry guy.

Rick186
12-09-06, 02:01 PM
I can sympathize with wanting to get around drivers guilty of "Slow Mopery with intent to Creep." They should get the hell off the road.
As a road warrior, I often saw too many. The worst was when I was driving from Pulaski, WI to Green Bay.
Two lane road, blizzard had just started, making white-out conditions every now and then. But 50 mph would have been okay - at first - because snow hadn't stuck yet.
But I got stuck behind some bastard ON BALD TIRES driving an old Chevy station wagon at 20 miles an hour! You could tell bald tires by how he was skidding as well as tossing flat patties of snow off his rear tires.:banghead:
When the road became 4 lane, I had the urge to run this idiot off the road and then apply a jack handle to his face. But I cooled down and passed . . .along with about 100 other cars which had been stuck behind the jerk.
Where are the Staties when you need them?

1990CaddyBrougham
12-09-06, 09:06 PM
I just picked up a wrecked 90 Brougham Delegance (this is number... 8, for those who are counting :) ). Too bad you are so far away I would have hooked you up with some doors for cheap $$.

pcm
12-09-06, 09:27 PM
how much do you think shipping would be. if its not to bad. i will get them and the fender if you have one. would the fender off a older model work if it were modified were the bumper wraps around or do they not have the same body lines.

1990CaddyBrougham
12-10-06, 09:13 AM
It would Be freight. I would probably have to put them on a pallet and truck ship them. And they would probably have to be deliverd to a business.

The fenders arent the same. I have seen people modify them to make them work, but its easier to just get a 90-92.

I think it wouldnt be worth it, as you can probably get them from a local junkyard for 100 or less a door. Only thing is you would need to pick and choose, if you get snow, some may have rust issues. This car i have is From Florida.

pcm
12-10-06, 10:03 AM
how much would you (1990caddybrougham) want for the parts that i need. if i remember correctly its the white one that you are parting out???? if so it would be perfect mine is white. sure it wont match perfect but it would be better than doors of another color.wouldn't have to paint door jams

N0DIH
12-10-06, 09:54 PM
Why freight? Just take your doors off, drive there and pick them up and drive back....