: Water Pump TSB Question

ssmith100
12-07-06, 08:57 PM
For about the last month I have noticed a type of "whine" I've never heard before. It almost sounds like an engine whine coming through the stereo but that's not it. It doesn't do it all the time but lately it has gotten worse. I thought it sounded like it was coming from the drivetrain as it sounded like it was more in the rear but now I'm not so sure. For guys that had there water pump replaced exactly what did it sound like?? I know it's not my new dif as it started doing it before the new one was installed.

Thanks,
Shane

ctsvflorida
12-07-06, 09:03 PM
For about the last month I have noticed a type of "whine" I've never heard before. It almost sounds like an engine whine coming through the stereo but that's not it. It doesn't do it all the time but lately it has gotten worse. I thought it sounded like it was coming from the drivetrain as it sounded like it was more in the rear but now I'm not so sure. For guys that had there water pump replaced exactly what did it sound like?? I know it's not my new dif as it started doing it before the new one was installed.

Thanks,
Shane

No way! It COULDN'T be the rear...again! LOL
Just kidding and I know nothing about the water pump issues!

CTS5
12-07-06, 10:38 PM
I just had the TSB done for the "hoot" sound from about 2200-2800 rpm. The new TSB supercedes the water pump replacement and replaces only the t-stat housing. It works. Mine you could make the car sing when warm right at 2200 (sounded like it was coming from the nav head area). No more singing for me.

VelodromeRacer
12-07-06, 11:03 PM
My 2005 has a power steering pump that is making some noise...check there as well. I have found some fluid that has bubbled out and I am just watching the thing right now and keeping the dealer informed.

austin
12-08-06, 12:18 AM
A water pump TSB..... Is there any part of the "V" that does not have a TSB!!! Seems like every other day a new one pops up.. Oh, well..... Still an awsome car.. Atleast GM is admitting to certain problems... Now how about those differentials?? :)

Dreamin
12-08-06, 10:55 AM
Shane: I have that whine too... definitely coming from the engine... but haven't been able to isolate it... will keep you posted.

atdeneve
12-08-06, 11:20 AM
Damn it! I just had a whine develop recently also. It's only at high rpms and WOT. Definitely did not do it before. I thought it was because the motor mount was blown, the vibrations at high rpms were creating harmonics/resonance.

Dealer tried to tell me, "Yeah, that's normal. It's the supercharger." I said, "Excuse me? I'm sorry, I must've I missed that. Can you repeat what you just said?" Sure enough, he promptly repeated the supercharger explanation, as if it was plainly obvious. I thought he was playing with me. Just when I thought I heard every possible dealer excuse, they manage to exceed my expectations. That was a new one. Caught me off guard that one. Damn near shat my pants.

ssmith100
12-08-06, 11:42 AM
This morning while the car was cool I didn't have the whine. After it got to about 180 degrees the whine just appeared out of the blue. It will kind of come and go as I think the thermostst opens and closes at different temperatures. Dealership just ordered the parts from the TSB so I'll get it fixed next week. I really thought it was something in the drive train as sometimes it sounds like it is in the back seats and sometimes up front. I think since my car is sound deadened so much it just appears every where.:bigroll:

I'll keep you guys posted. The 06 rear end is still quiet. Got about 500 miles on it now. One of these days when I sell this thing sombody's going to get a really nice car. Everything has been replaced it seems.:eek:

Shane

ctsvett
12-09-06, 12:00 AM
A water pump TSB..... Is there any part of the "V" that does not have a TSB!!! Seems like every other day a new one pops up.. Oh, well..... Still an awsome car.. Atleast GM is admitting to certain problems... Now how about those differentials?? :)

Remember that a TSB is a fix for a common problem NOT a fix for every car... You should only look to the tsb if there is something wrong.

Reed