: Finally - GOT MY V!!!

BLACK_CTSV
12-07-06, 07:18 PM
DAS Autoshippers dropped off the car today. It's clean and scratch-free!!

This is the first time I've ever driven a V - I just figured I would like it :cookoo:

Anyway, here are the things I love about my new Raven '04 Maggie'd CTS-V:

* The looks
* Sound of the exhaust
* Whine of the Maggie
* Steering
* Brakes
* Nav map [haven't played with it yet, but it looks cool]
* Torque [lots of it - everywhere]
* Gadgets - I'll be sitting in the garage learning how to operate all the gear
* Interior color - it's beige, which I wasn't thrilled about, but it looks good in person.
* UUC Shifter!
* Custom shift knob - slick!
* 3.73 gears - I might actually use 6th in this car - I never did in my Z06
* Spoiler - makes the ass-end look much cooler.
* Boost gauge in the ash tray

Here is what I hate about my new V:
* Getting beat off the line by a Neon [no, not an SRT-4] because I'm worried about the glass rear-end and all that torque :banghead:

Hopefully there will be a fix in the near-term so I can fully enjoy this thing, I know I'm not going to be able to keep my foot out of it for long.

Love this car!!!

PS - This is GT04CTS-V's car, and it is IMMACULATE. This guy really took care of his car. Thanks, Gary!!! :thumbsup:

I need to get some pics of it - but that will have to wait until next week. Going to Mexico in the morning...

CIWS
12-07-06, 07:23 PM
Getting beat on the jump is nothing, it gives the other guy a false sense of pride right before you go flying by :D

chipenstein
12-07-06, 07:38 PM
Outstanding and congrats! Can't wait to see the pics and hear about your broken rear end ('cuz you know you can't keep your foot out of it.:want: )

:thumbsup:

GT04CTS-V
12-07-06, 07:53 PM
Scott -

Glad you like the car. :cool2: Happy to know that DAS took good care of her. Maggie and Magnuson exhaust rock.

How'd you like the UUC shifter and custom shift knob?

Take it easy on that diff..... it ain't broken in yet! :thepan:

GT

heavymetals
12-07-06, 08:45 PM
Like owning your own Six Flag's ride huh?:lildevil:

Give away the hole shot, then just reel um in.:canttalk:

BLACK_CTSV
12-07-06, 10:30 PM
Scott -

Glad you like the car. :cool2: Happy to know that DAS took good care of her. Maggie and Magnuson exhaust rock.

How'd you like the UUC shifter and custom shift knob?

Take it easy on that diff..... it ain't broken in yet! :thepan:

GT

Love the shifter and knob!

I actually have been taking it pretty easy on the diff - it's just tough when that Maggie sounds so cool! :lildevil:

BLACK_CTSV
12-07-06, 10:32 PM
Like owning your own Six Flag's ride huh?:lildevil:

Can't wait to get back from my vacation so I can drive my car some more! :bouncy:

BLACK_CTSV
12-07-06, 11:18 PM
Outstanding and congrats! Can't wait to see the pics and hear about your broken rear end ('cuz you know you can't keep your foot out of it.:want: )

:thumbsup:
I am just hoping that the rear-end lasts until there is a decent solution. How sad! :)

trukk
12-08-06, 09:05 AM
PS - This is GT04CTS-V's car, and it is IMMACULATE. This guy really took care of his car. Thanks, Gary!!! :thumbsup:

Gary,

DOH! Say it isn't so! First Marty and now you :crying:

What are you moving to car wise? (Please don't say back to an STI :suspense: )

BLACK_CTSV,

Having seen Gary's car in person a few times, I can tell you it was always immaculate when I saw it. We even had to cancel a meet at the dyno one time because Marty and Gary didn't want to drive their cars in some drizzle. I have to admit that it was very funny seeing Marty and Gary using a california duster out in the dyno parking lot another time, assailing some dust that had the audasity to land on their cars while parked.

You've got one clean, and well maintained/owned V there. ENJOY!

-Chris

GT04CTS-V
12-08-06, 06:24 PM
Chris - got tired of replacing the POS diff in my V. Four diffs in 7200 miles.

The V replacement is :

308 GTBi :bouncy:

2003 Corvette bought it from a buddy who just got an 07 Z06, the 03 vette has 4500 miles on it. Red of course. :cool2:

Thanks for the kind words.

GT