: Dual Exhaust and Lowering?? 02-06

TheCaddyKidd
12-07-06, 04:57 PM
Just wondering.. i read some past posts about members getting dual exhaust and having problems with lowering.. can anyone elaborate on this? my truck is currently lowered 2/3 drop.. if i grab a dual exhaust system like Borla or Gibson that exits on both sides will I have a problem??

ZX_man
12-07-06, 05:06 PM
there is a post a few down about someone spending 20K on their 06 EXT and having that problem, so he sprung for a full custom exhaust w/headers and the problem was corrected, total cost was around $4500 from what he posted.

Walter

customizer
12-08-06, 12:55 PM
It all depends on how the exhaust is routed. Could just take some minor adjustments to get it to clear, or even could take some modification, but with a 3 inch drop in the rear I doubt a competent shop couldnt take care of the problem. When they make exhausts they have to take into account that the suspension will go through its motion over bumps. No aftermarket exhaust should bang the suspension when your going over bumps. With air suspension and all the factory bump stops cut out the stock exhaust still clears. Dual should be fine as well, and thats after 8 to 10 inches of drop.

vietfob714
12-09-06, 04:08 AM
yeah... my brake line got smashed to shit when i dropped my car with a dual exhaust. You have to either have them redo the piping on the drivers side or just scrap the idea. Fixing a smashed brakeline = $250 . Just letting you guys know.