: Coker wire wheels ?

fleetwood76
12-07-06, 03:24 PM
Hello.

I am thinking of get me some wire wheels to my Fleetwood Brougham -76.
I want the wheels to be as true to the orignal as possible.
The only suitable new wheels i have found on the net is these from coker,
http://www.coker.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=18012&cat=318&page=1

Now to the question,
have any of this forums members any experiance of these wheels, good or bad, please let me know.
And if someone have a tip of another brand or manufactor homepage, feel free to post it.
Any input would be gladly recived :) .

/ Jolle

90Brougham350
12-07-06, 04:12 PM
Mathew Garret has used some Cragar rims on his '80 Fleetwood that look quite good and somewhat original. I've heard good things about the Coker wheels but they're only 6 inches wide. I know my stock wheels are 7 inches wide, when did Cadillac change from 6 to 7"?

fleetwood76
12-07-06, 05:54 PM
Thanks for your input. i'l have to find out when the witdh changed, so if anyone has this knowledge please post. Thanks

jolle

caddy's home
12-07-06, 09:39 PM
Hello.

I am thinking of get me some wire wheels to my Fleetwood Brougham -76.
I want the wheels to be as true to the orignal as possible.
The only suitable new wheels i have found on the net is these from coker,
http://www.coker.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=18012&cat=318&page=1

Now to the question,
have any of this forums members any experiance of these wheels, good or bad, please let me know.
And if someone have a tip of another brand or manufactor homepage, feel free to post it.
Any input would be gladly recived :) .

/ Jolle
I am thinking abuot putting Dayton on my 89' Bro. I think they are called striahgt bolts 4plted over steel.

Benzilla
12-07-06, 10:28 PM
Mathew Garret has used some Cragar rims on his '80 Fleetwood that look quite good and somewhat original. I've heard good things about the Coker wheels but they're only 6 inches wide. I know my stock wheels are 7 inches wide, when did Cadillac change from 6 to 7"?

I thought all the '77-'92s had 6.5s from the factory?

Phantom&RedGoat2004
12-08-06, 12:52 AM
The D'Elegance came with factory Daytons that are 15x6. Both Cokers and the factory Daytons are beautiful wheels, but I'm not sure that the daytons will work on a '76 with the fender skirts. One piece of advice, if I may: Choose your whitewall carefully. I've seen the wide-white look too gaudy and out of place on a car that you would think it should work, but I've also seen where the thin-lines just aren't enough dress for a beauty like a '76. I hold a special place in my heart for the '76s. Good luck with yours.

fleetwood76
12-08-06, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the input and advices, the fenderskirts can be a problem and coker is the only wire rim i have found that say that they fit up to -76.
The widht of the whitewalls havent i reflected over yet but
Phantom&RedGoat2004 is right. Depending of the widht the look can bee "right or wrong"

jolle