Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Serious help needed with 1995 northstar

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dp102288 
#1 ·
I am trying to help a friend out with a 1995 northstar with about 145k miles on it. The gas mileage has been declining to about 17 mpg highway over the past few months, and also seems to misfire. Now the car has some major issues. It feels like there is no power whatsover and when the car ran for a few minutes, the cat converter turned glowing orange.

Put a new cat. converter in and the same problem is there. Car just seems like it has no power whatsover and can't be driven. Also there is a whiteish blue smoke and it smells like gas out of the exhaust.

Here is a list of the codes that were present.

Current code PO132
History codes
PO22
PO36
PO56
PO65
PO70
PO97
PO110
PO1027

How do u change the rear spark plugs? I guess i will try to start by doing a full tune up, plugs, wires, and maybe the coil packs.

also in the past the car seemed to blow black smoke at high rpm.

Any help appreciated....

~Casey

See less See more
#3 ·
P132 (E132) ......................................... Knock Sensor Circuitry Failure

P022 (E022) .................................................. Open TPS Signal [VCC]

P036 (E036) ................................. EGR Valve Pintle Position Out of Range

P056 (E056) ........................................ Transmission Input Speed Sensor

P065 (E065) ................................................... Cruise - SPS Failure

P070 (E070) ................................................ Intermittent TPS Signal

P097 (E097) .............................................. High RPM P/N to D/R Shift

P110 (E110) ................................... Generator L-terminal Circuit Problem

PO1027 isn't listed...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.