: Orignal 89' Brougham wire wheels

caddy's home
12-07-06, 11:06 AM
Hey Cadillac family,

I want to pick-up some spoke wire wheels. They are 48 spokes optional 56 for $160 more. The 48 's are $1575. They are tripple plated, sealed, no tubes and triple spinners with the cadillac symbol.

Now I want to try and stay close to the orignial option that was offered in 89'. Any advise? I dont have long to make up my mine. I am new to this site and I have been a Caddi owner for 29 days. My car can be seen in ebay item no.190046401505. I going to post pic and my info. later.The only thing I have done was to put on Vogues tires.

thanks
Caddy's Home

Rick186
12-07-06, 12:12 PM
Welcome to the "club."
Like the others, I sure would like to see photos.
Since I have a '95, I know little about your vehicle, but I must admit;
The "squarebodies" were some of the most elegant Cadillacs ever built. :yup:
Sure I love my '95 with more curves, etc., but the previous ones sure were sharp looking.
GOOD LUCK. :thumbsup:

CaddymanTom
12-07-06, 01:20 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum. I have a set of original wire wheels on my 1987. I purchased mine on e-bay. They were and still are in perfect shape. I have seen quite a few sets on there lately. I am not sure if you want to keep it stock or have a custom look. If you want to keep it close to the original style go with the lower number of spokes, if you want a more custom look of with the higher number of spokes.
Just to give you a little information on the wheels. There are two styles of center caps. The first is black surround that has and octogon shape with the Cadillac emblem. These were produced from 1978 to 1979. 1980 - 1992 have red surround with a round shape. I paid about $800.00 for my set on e-bay and the center caps where NOS and were still in original package when I recieved them. Here is a pic on my car with the wire wheels.
Hope this helps
Tall Tom
Palm Springs, CA

brougham
12-07-06, 01:35 PM
I like the ones that CaddymanTom has. Thats what mine has too only mine came with them new. None of those other ones youre looking at are the original ones so just get whatever ones you like the best.

caddy's home
12-07-06, 04:05 PM
:cool2:
Welcome to the "club."
Like the others, I sure would like to see photos.
Since I have a '95, I know little about your vehicle, but I must admit;
The "squarebodies" were some of the most elegant Cadillacs ever built. :yup:
Sure I love my '95 with more curves, etc., but the previous ones sure were sharp looking.
GOOD LUCK. :thumbsup:
Thank you Rick186

To me it's all about the big Grill. Go to ebay item no. 190046401505 to see her.

This is a great club
Caddy's Home

caddy's home
12-07-06, 04:21 PM
:bows:
Hello and welcome to the forum. I have a set of original wire wheels on my 1987. I purchased mine on e-bay. They were and still are in perfect shape. I have seen quite a few sets on there lately. I am not sure if you want to keep it stock or have a custom look. If you want to keep it close to the original style go with the lower number of spokes, if you want a more custom look of with the higher number of spokes.
Just to give you a little information on the wheels. There are two styles of center caps. The first is black surround that has and octogon shape with the Cadillac emblem. These were produced from 1978 to 1979. 1980 - 1992 have red surround with a round shape. I paid about $800.00 for my set on e-bay and the center caps where NOS and were still in original package when I recieved them. Here is a pic on my car with the wire wheels.
Hope this helps
Tall Tom
Palm Springs, CA
OH SNAPP !!

U R The MAN! I have just made up my mind. It's 48 spokes all the way. That Caddi is tight! I must say. mine is item no. 190046401505 on ebay

Thanks a mill. You have been a big help.

caddy's home
12-07-06, 04:29 PM
I like the ones that CaddymanTom has. Thats what mine has too only mine came with them new. None of those other ones youre looking at are the original ones so just get whatever ones you like the best.
Thanks,
The advise is a big help................

caddy's home
12-07-06, 08:36 PM
:bows:
OH SNAPP !!

U R The MAN! I have just made up my mind. It's 48 spokes all the way. That Caddi is tight! I must say. mine is item no. 190046401505 on ebay

Thanks a mill. You have been a big help.
Caddyman I think I am going to wait and get something that is 4 plated chrome over stainless steel and maybe 60 spokes. Living in Richmond and no garage may be hard on the rims I was looking at. The eastcaost weather can be harsh! what is nickle plated?

Phantom&RedGoat2004
12-07-06, 11:59 PM
Hope this helps
Tall Tom
Palm Springs, CA

Your car is HOT!

caddy's home
12-08-06, 07:59 AM
thanks.............

bicentennialcadillac
12-08-06, 08:42 AM
Hope this helps
Tall Tom
Palm Springs, CA

Fantastic.

CaddymanTom
12-08-06, 02:22 PM
Caddyman I think I am going to wait and get something that is 4 plated chrome over stainless steel and maybe 60 spokes. Living in Richmond and no garage may be hard on the rims I was looking at. The eastcaost weather can be harsh! what is nickle plated?

I see your point. Living here in Southern Ca I really dont have to worry about the weather, though the sun can be hard on the paint and vinyl. Nickel plating gives you a little more shine but is not recomended for where you live. From my experience it really tarnishs quickly. If you were going to spend 1500.00 on wheels i would wait and look for an original set on e-bay. You most likely can get a set for 1/2 the price you are paying for the ones you wrote about earlier. I would put them on in the spring and use your steel wheels and covers in the winter months. When I lived in Chicago my daily driver was a 1976 fleetwood with the wire wheel covers. I removed them in the winter and used regular wheel covers in the bad weather. In spring the wires went back on. Just my thoughts :D

Tall Tom
Palm Springs, CA

Benzilla
12-08-06, 02:27 PM
Tom ,is your Brougham going to be in the calendar?

CaddymanTom
12-08-06, 02:27 PM
Fantastic.

Thanks for the kind word. I love the 1976 Fleetwoods! There is one here where I live that is triple black with a moonroof! It has about 72000 original miles on it and needs some paint work. The guy want 10500.00 for it. I am hoping the longer it sits the lower his price will go and then I scoop in and pick it up