: Finally going to pick up V

Albertan
12-06-06, 11:24 PM
About a month ago I put a deposit on a 2006 Infared. Well tommorrow I fly to Ohio and pick it up on Friday. I plan on hitting the road back to Alberta as soon as I get the keys. Weather is supposed to be good, unless it has changed! I'll be going thru Indy, Des Moins, Omaha, Sioux Falls, Rapid City (are you supposed to speed there??), Billings, Great Falls and to Canadian border for Monday AM.
I figure it is about 2200 miles, 2 1/2 days to do it good roads easy.
Bruce

BLACK_CTSV
12-06-06, 11:32 PM
Dang - I feel ya! I had mine shipped from MD. It was picked up on 11/22 and finally is in town tonight. I should get it tomorrow.

Be careful - hope you have a Radar Detector!

chipenstein
12-06-06, 11:45 PM
Nice! I love the red - what a great color. And what a great way to get acclimated to your V with a cross-country road trip! Woohoo!!! Don't forget pics when you get home.:yup:

Albertan
12-06-06, 11:54 PM
Black CTSV
I thought about shipping it but thought I'd like the road trip. I was sure glad I didn't go last week. I'll probably be driving down to Portland sometime in the spring to visit my daughter at PSU maybe we could meet for coffee. Last time my wife and girls went shopping and I waited.
Hope the weather is nice for you to try it out....
Bruce

tx_metabaron
12-06-06, 11:56 PM
Awesome.I'm sure You'll enjoy each and every 2200 miles on the way back.

I just got a V '04 (Could not afford later models !)last Saturday and going to the office in the morning is a pleasure(Not sure how long that's going to last:rolleyes: ).

rand49er
12-07-06, 06:00 AM
... I figure it is about 2200 miles ...That's about 22 hours by my calculations. :D Have a safe drive, Bruce!

... and going to the office in the morning is a pleasure(Not sure how long that's going to last:rolleyes: ).Welcome tx! I think others here would agree, the pleasure just doesn't stop. :thumbsup:

BLACK_CTSV
12-07-06, 07:52 AM
Black CTSV
I'll probably be driving down to Portland sometime in the spring to visit my daughter at PSU maybe we could meet for coffee. Last time my wife and girls went shopping and I waited.

Absolutely! Let me know when you're coming. I'm not much of a shopper, either :D

mike041357
12-07-06, 12:48 PM
Awesome.I'm sure You'll enjoy each and every 2200 miles on the way back.

I just got a V '04 (Could not afford later models !)last Saturday and going to the office in the morning is a pleasure(Not sure how long that's going to last:rolleyes: ).

I've had mine a year and it's still a blast to go anywhere......

Silver Dollar
12-07-06, 01:21 PM
About a month ago I put a deposit on a 2006 Infared. ......Bruce

Was that in beaver pelts?

ctsvflorida
12-07-06, 02:09 PM
I've had mine a year and it's still a blast to go anywhere......

In traffic too?

Albertan
12-07-06, 11:36 PM
Well made it to Columbus. Picking it up tomorrow...no wait, later today. Long trip to get here, I HATE FLYING!
Silver Dollar
Funny you should mention beaver pelts. A block away from where I live we have the river park. Environmentalists are going crazy....do you kill beavers or let them chew all the trees? A few years ago we had to bring in a "first nations" person (Indian) to shoot some of them. (No one else is allowed to shoot a gun in a park!) However, I didn't get the pelt. I did pay in "loonie's" though.
Believe it or not our one dollar coin has a picture of a loon on it hence the name.
Bruce

rand49er
12-08-06, 07:33 AM
... Believe it or not our one dollar coin has a picture of a loon on it hence the name.
BruceHENCE the two dollar coin is called the "toonie" (or "two-nie" ... not sure about the spelling).

P.S. Good luck, Bruce!

Silver Dollar
12-08-06, 08:53 AM
Crazy environmentalists.

Your back yard is infested with giant rodents and you have to call in Chief Wigwaum to take care of 'em.

Things aren't so complicated here in Texas. We're allowed to shoot everything and in most cases we don't even need a reason. :)

chesrowncadillac
12-08-06, 11:32 AM
He is on the Road to the way up North.
Thanks to the Forum for another Great Customer.
David At the V outlet.

Silver Dollar
12-08-06, 01:59 PM
Uh-Oh, Scott (at Superior Cadillac, Your One Stop Super Mega Discount Cyber Dealership) has some competetion.

Albertan
12-08-06, 11:11 PM
David Chesrown
Thanks for getting me going quickly, in/out no fooling about. Car is WONDERFUL.
Everyone
I made it to Des Moines today. I must have passed about a million trucks. I got passed by 2 vehicles, both driven by 20 something girls. Roads are great, bare and dry although people were complaining about the cold, I thought it was quite nice! Turns out my fears of the F1 tires were unfounded, they are RSA's. Averaged 19.7 MPG fighting traffic and driving 75-80. Considering winter gas and new car (125 miles) I think it is very good. This thing is FUN to drive. I even got the nav to nag me since my wife couldn't make it.
Only problem I find, and I wouldn't if I was a woman, is the suede insert on the seat is very grippy. I think I can sing soprano now! Maybe less grippy pants?
Oh, wait, the shifter has got to go. I think it uses bunge cords to do the shifting. I have a Christmas project installing the UUC shifter. I need to buy one first, who sells them???
Bruce

SLAB
12-09-06, 05:35 AM
Dont be tempted! Break your car in slowly. Congrats though.

rand49er
12-09-06, 08:33 AM
David Chesrown
Thanks for getting me going quickly, in/out no fooling about. Car is WONDERFUL.
Everyone
I made it to Des Moines today. I must have passed about a million trucks. I got passed by 2 vehicles, both driven by 20 something girls. Roads are great, bare and dry although people were complaining about the cold, I thought it was quite nice! Turns out my fears of the F1 tires were unfounded, they are RSA's. Averaged 19.7 MPG fighting traffic and driving 75-80. Considering winter gas and new car (125 miles) I think it is very good. This thing is FUN to drive. I even got the nav to nag me since my wife couldn't make it.
Only problem I find, and I wouldn't if I was a woman, is the suede insert on the seat is very grippy. I think I can sing soprano now! Maybe less grippy pants?
Oh, wait, the shifter has got to go. I think it uses bunge cords to do the shifting. I have a Christmas project installing the UUC shifter. I need to buy one first, who sells them???
BruceGlad to hear you're having fun! If you're getting a shifter (which everyone should be doing), you might as well get the UUC bushings, too. Get 'em from James at Lindsay ~$40 US to your door (not including Provincial duties, import/export taxes, Ministry of Environment fees, Beaver Dental Fund contribution, and Seal Pup Genocide funding amounts). :D

Albertan
12-09-06, 11:13 PM
Sat night and I've just been to Mt. Rushmore. Unfortunately, it was dark by the time I got here...should have "rushed more!". Reporting more on miles per gallon:
65-26mpg; 70-25mpg; 75-24mpg; 80-21; 85-20. Did this on FLAT North Hwy 29. Much less traffic today, temp up to 62F. About 1400 miles driven so far. About 1/4 low on oil. Had to stop at Walmart to get Mobil 1. Tomorrow I get more into mountains and a two lane cutoff highway. Hope I don't run into SNOW.
I've enjoyed the trip so far, I'm not looking foreward to the end of the trip.
Bruce

DaveBlk
12-23-06, 09:09 AM
From a local canadian. How much trouble to get into Canada ? Paperwork Costs ETC. ??? NEED TO KNOW :)

rand49er
12-23-06, 09:25 AM
From a local canadian. How much trouble to get into Canada ? Paperwork Costs ETC. ??? NEED TO KNOW :)Me thinks he's still at the border doing it. :D

(Sorry, Dave, being quarter Cannuck myself, I couldn't resist.)

OldRoadDawg
12-23-06, 09:36 AM
From a local canadian. How much trouble to get into Canada ? Paperwork Costs ETC. ??? NEED TO KNOW :)
Looks like he got into Canada, but that's when his problems started . .

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/93581-clutch-warranty-problem.html

Albertan
12-23-06, 11:20 PM
Crossing the border was smooth. Probably took about 1 1/2 hours. You need to do it right or you will get in a heap of trouble. Local Calgary cop wanted to bring a car in and didn't bother doing paper work. I think car was siezed, he may have lost his job because of "smuggling" etc. Do it right. Just had to pay GST and couple hundred for paperwork. Saved thousands on the car! Enjoyed the trip, roads were good, got to meet some nice county employees, heck they even drove up to greet me right there on the highway!
I'd do it again in a heart beat.
Bruce

HiTechRV
12-24-06, 10:49 AM
Do check on the warranty rules. I think they vary by manufacturer. It still might be worth the savings, but you want to make an informed decision and the warranty is worth a lot of money if you ever end up needing a warranty repair.