: adding XM to my 2003 escalade

j0eb007
12-06-06, 11:40 PM
i don't have XM on my 03 but it looks simular to the newer ones with the XM. can i be reprogrammed or do i need to buy a new radio? thanks!!

yourgmsolutions
12-07-06, 12:44 AM
i don't have XM on my 03 but it looks simular to the newer ones with the XM. can i be reprogrammed or do i need to buy a new radio? thanks!!

all you need to buy is Terk XM package for GM. no radio programming needed.very simple plug and play install.
BTW I've got one for sale. Brand New. $150 shipped to your door

ewill3rd
12-07-06, 06:43 AM
Shop around for an "XM Direct" installation kit.
It's the way to go.
It works with your factory radio and you just have to find a place to mount the two small boxes that come in the kit behind the dash. I don't much care for the antenna, but it's the same one you get when you buy a SkyFi kit or something like that.

I have installed a couple of these kits and the people that bought them LOVED them.

j0eb007
12-07-06, 10:09 AM
sounds good!! so if i do this i will be able to go thru all channels right on my radio? will the XM band be added to my bands? it currently is not an option. thanks for the response!:)

j0eb007
12-07-06, 10:12 AM
does my deck have to be "xm ready"? how do i find out if it is?

yourgmsolutions
12-07-06, 10:30 AM
Ewill, " XM Direct " installation kit is made by Terk. when I said Plug and Play, doesn't mean XM Direct ?
If You installed a couple of these kits, please don't tell me that you did not see Terk name all over those 2 modules.

ewill3rd
12-07-06, 10:32 AM
I wasn't really looking at the boxes.
Now that you mention it I think I may have seen a logo with that name on it.
I was more worried about where to mount them than who made them.
Plus I was really rushed on the last one I did.

yourgmsolutions
12-07-06, 10:33 AM
sounds good!! so if i do this i will be able to go thru all channels right on my radio? will the XM band be added to my bands? it currently is not an option. thanks for the response!:)

You'll able to control Your XM through You factory radio accessing with band button on Your radio.

yourgmsolutions
12-07-06, 10:35 AM
does my deck have to be "xm ready"? how do i find out if it is?

If Your radio has RDS symbol somewhere on the corner, then this XM Kit is compatible with your factory radio

EXTadic
12-07-06, 04:50 PM
XM's on it's way out. Sirius will be buying them soon!!!

ewill3rd
12-07-06, 05:14 PM
Even if that happened, do you think that will make all XM radio hardware obsolete??
I doubt it.

I am not sure I understand the point of your post.

EXTadic
12-07-06, 05:50 PM
That's easy, Get SIRIUS instead, and save yourself the worry of "what happens next" How does that sound?