: A Very Strange Leak...

Cadillac Giovanni
12-06-06, 08:15 PM
I wonder if anyone else with an 80-89 RWD fleetwood brougham has had this same leak. it's very strange. After a heavy rain, i go into the car, and you know that little "litter bin", as the owner's manual calls it, that is down by the front passenger's right foot? It will be about a quarter full with water. The surrounding floor area is never wet, just inside that bin. I suppose if the car is going to leak, that's the way i would like it to be, but I am just as confused as ever.

Anyone have any ideas?

brougham
12-07-06, 01:49 PM
Usually a leak like that is because of the windshield. Its probably all going into the garbage can because thats just the area it drips down into.

caddy's home
12-08-06, 09:51 AM
I wonder if anyone else with an 80-89 RWD fleetwood brougham has had this same leak. it's very strange. After a heavy rain, i go into the car, and you know that little "litter bin", as the owner's manual calls it, that is down by the front passenger's right foot? It will be about a quarter full with water. The surrounding floor area is never wet, just inside that bin. I suppose if the car is going to leak, that's the way i would like it to be, but I am just as confused as ever.

Anyone have any ideas?
YES I have had the same thing...............?

carnut
12-08-06, 06:16 PM
Also possible the cowl drains are plugged with debris. Take a container of water and pour it thru the air intake grills below the wiper arms both sides. It should quickly drain onto the ground just behind the front tire, both sides. If it just dribbles or does not drain, then the fenders need to be loosened at the bottom and gently pulled out to clean out the crud! Sometimes you can hear the water slosh around pushing the fender up/down.