: Motor Trend Article about V and Race V...

pimpcaddy
12-06-06, 12:40 PM
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/luxury/sedan/112_0612_2006_cadillac_cts_v_comparison

Kadonny
12-06-06, 12:47 PM
Yup. Pretty decent article. I get the magazine vai sub so I read this about a month ago. Good read for those who have not seen it.

BLACK_CTSV
12-06-06, 02:59 PM
Interesting. The article says that the R uses the same diff as the stock V. :hmm:

pimpcaddy
12-06-06, 03:34 PM
Interesting. The article says that the R uses the same diff as the stock V. :hmm:

Yeah, I saw that comment too. Probably wrong, but funny. Well, not really that funny.

c5racr1
12-07-06, 02:39 PM
i does use the same diff but with no wheel hop and only one drag launch probably with a high gear 3.23 or something like that and a cooler it would last.

05CTS
12-07-06, 02:48 PM
i does use the same diff but with no wheel hop and only one drag launch probably with a high gear 3.23 or something like that and a cooler it would last.

I agree. Wheel hop is a major reason for the V's diff failures.

Not to hi-jack the thread or anything but have any of you guys tried running poly bushings in the back for less deflection?

austin
12-07-06, 02:56 PM
I posted waaaaaay back asking if a third party would step up and sell a set of black polyurothane replacement differential mount bushings (all three of them).... Sad to say that no one has answered the call... It would have been so easy for someone with the right equipment to manufacture them. I thought Specter would have been interested in making them.. But no such luck. They would have complimented there cradle mount bushings. :(

05CTS
12-07-06, 04:31 PM
I posted waaaaaay back asking if a third party would step up and sell a set of black polyurothane replacement differential mount bushings (all three of them).... Sad to say that no one has answered the call... It would have been so easy for someone with the right equipment to manufacture them. I thought Specter would have been interested in making them.. But no such luck. They would have complimented there cradle mount bushings. :(

I have them made for C3-C6 vettes. If I get a sample I can see how much it would cost. Or give me GM part numbers and I'll have my GM rep send them my way and I'll send them out.