: DVD European version. Input needed

yourgmsolutions
12-05-06, 11:38 PM
Hi Guys. Here is dilema.Got a customer who's going to ship his 2007 escalade to Hungary,actually 2 of them. and I need to reprogram his factory Nav radio /tuner to the European Verson, However, during the programming once I got to the tuner/DVD option screen on the computer at the dealership, all of the sudden I had to choose between 2 options for Europe.
Region 2 DVD or Region 5 DVD. So I called GM Tech support, and after I told them what I was doing, tech support guy told me to get lost. then I called the customer, and that dumb ass told me that is my problem, funny, if I don't get it right, he is the one who will be suffering, On the other side of the world. anyway. if I don't get and Idea till the morning, the only option I will have, I guess I'll just flip the coin

RichieRich
12-06-06, 12:20 AM
Option 2. I'm told when you are given more the one option, the first option is usually listed first because it's the default & the other is actually the option.

medlines
12-06-06, 01:06 PM
gm_geek did you do the reprograming on the nav screen and menu it self , or you had to conect it to another laptop/pc to reprogram this issue ?

CadX6
12-06-06, 08:12 PM
According to this Amazon.uk site - Hungary is listed as Region 2.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=502554

No guarantees but it seems to be the most accurate I could find.

yourgmsolutions
12-06-06, 09:07 PM
According to this Amazon.uk site - Hungary is listed as Region 2.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=502554

No guarantees but it seems to be the most accurate I could find.

you are the bomb. thanks so much. :worship:

yourgmsolutions
12-06-06, 09:10 PM
gm_geek did you do the reprograming on the nav screen and menu it self , or you had to conect it to another laptop/pc to reprogram this issue ?

I wish I could do on the Nav Screen.I had to downlod data from vehicle, then go to PC to change settings, and then upload it back to the car